Home » Audio » Speaker » The Fredarrays are Up and Running
The Fredarrays are Up and Running [message #22419] Sun, 02 January 2005 11:43 Go to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
After a long period of neglect I again got interested in completing these arrays, and at last they are up and running. I decided to complete them because Rick Craig is sending me an XT8 array kit, and building the enclosures will occupy my full time for the next month or two. My initial reaction to the Fredarray is very positive (just as any new mom believes her baby is the prettiest ever). The Silver Flute woofers sound very good, but can't say the same for the $20 Peerless horn loaded dome tweeter. It begins to fall off not too much above 10khz. I have a pair of Fountek JP3 ribbons which I plan to try in place of the Peerless domes.

Stereophile would describe these speakers as "possibly the best speaker in the world", but only if I were in the speaker business and committed to a quarter million dollar ad campaign. Clearly they are not, but they do offer a lot of bang for the $400 I have invested in them. This would be a very worthwhile project for someone with a limited budget and the desire for a line array. If anyone in the Houston area would like to hear them just send me and email.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Neodymium speaker price sticker shock.
Next Topic: speaker for gamer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 01:29:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout