Home » Audio » Speaker » best driver for voigt pipes
best driver for voigt pipes [message #21370] Wed, 14 December 2005 06:00 Go to previous message
buboy sarte is currently offline  buboy sarte
Esquire
Dear Mr Brines,

i am a newbie in hi-fi and am currently searching for the best, if not, perfect full range drivers for my Voigts.

i live in the Philippines, an infant member of the Wired State Audio community and possess an excellent pair of enclosures that were invented by
a Filipino by the name of Ike Tuazon. i own a pair of his backloaded 12ft folded horns that are 6ft in height. I'm very happy with it even with a pair of Radio Shack 6 inch full range drivers installed in them.

many who know of "Ike's Voigts" believe that the best driver for these monsters is the now-discontinued RS 1354a. i've searched high and low for them to know avail. i suspect that there is a full ranger driver out there that can rival, if not, surpass the 1354a as the ultimate partner for my Voigts. i've researched in the net and here
are a few items w/c i feel can compliment my horns:

Visaton B200
Fostex 126
Lowther drivers
Tesla drivers

if it's not too much to ask, what is the best driver that you can recommend to me for my Ikes Voigts? i must however say that i can only afford drivers in the US$ 100 - 200 range.

thank you and a Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Sincerely,

kabubi

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: needles type array or full tweeter line array