Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
217 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 28 April 2006 10:38 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Corner Horn positioning "Sweet Spot" for listening...HELP
The "sweet spot" is actually a very large area of the room. That's one of the biggest advantages of the π cornerhorn configuration. The reverberent field is very uniform because off-axis response is the same as on-axis response. The best listening p...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 March 2006 08:30 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: would a pi 4 stage or professional be too big for my room?
I've used many of the larger models in small rooms, sometimes expecting them to do poorly. Many larger horn systems don't integrate for several feet, but I only have to be about a foot and a half back from my fours or sevens, so they work very well even ...
3 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Sat, 25 March 2006 03:30 «» By: Ulrich Franz Thomanek
Re: Computer Simulation of Room Acoustics
Dear Mr. Parham and Dr. Geddes,As the chief developer of CARA (Computer Aided Room Acoustics) I want to clarify the mathematics implemented in CARA.Dr. Geddes states:"CARA is a ray tracing program. It will not be able to do the LF modal study. Ray tracin...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 24 February 2006 16:18 «» By: Duke
decorrelation
I guess the central question would be something like "what really matters regarding low frequency reproduction, and what's the best way to get it?" Apparently one thing that matters is the sense of spaciousness that good low frequency reproduc...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 23 February 2006 17:13 «» By: skey
Small PA line-array
I'm looking to put together a line array for PA in small clubs. Odd shaped rooms with tight stage area. Like a Bose PAS but cheap - real cheap.I ran across these:http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=MCMProducts&product%5Fid=58%2D9935What d...
6 Forum: Tower «» Posted on: Mon, 30 January 2006 13:59 «» By: elektratig
Some Things Never Change . . .
Inspired by Leland's mention of John Adams in the last thread, I started David McCullough's Adams biography last night. As a lifelong New Yorker, I was amused to run across the following in the opening pages.Adams first visited New York City in 1774 on h...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 21 December 2005 17:03 «» By: Earl Geddes
A fiction
Either I misunderstand you or what you are saying is not correct.The way that I make a two way is the ONLY way to get a matched DI through crossover. You seem to be implying that you can do this with a narrower vertical coverage which I don't believe is ...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 21 December 2005 09:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Aspect ratio
I respect you and I respect your work. But I don't like axisymmetric horns, never did. They're nice for mathematical simplicity, and easy to promote as a purist thing. But I can't think of a single instance where a symmetric coverage pattern is desired...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 19 December 2005 18:04 «» By: ToFo
Re: bad breakup
Regular paper cones do have issues, but they can sound great. I think they throw off a lot of people because they often sound better than the measurements would suggest. The exotic cones can easily beat the rigidity to weight ratio of straight paper, but ...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 04 December 2005 18:19 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: Earl - Which sub do you use?
As you might expect I build my own, and I use and recommend two different types.They both use a B&C Neo 12 - don't remember #, but could get if its important.Why two? One is for the 25-50 Hz that the Summa cabinet size does not allow. This is a bandpass...
Pages (22): [ «    5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20    »]

Current Time: Fri May 03 19:22:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio