Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
217 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 11 May 2007 22:34 «» By: Delgadas
Re: Back from Dallas and depressed ...
I suppose most small rooms, especially rooms with low ceilings, simply don't have the volume needed to develop low frequencies. Driver size is not so critical providing they are capable of delivering the proper waves. A pipe organ can lay down some very l...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:33 «» By: SteveBrown
Back from Dallas and depressed ...
One thing I noticed in Dallas, listening to a number of the demo systems, was that some had more bass "slam" than my set up at home. So I'm wondering why. I can tell right away that some of the systems had exagerated bass due to the small room, and that i...
3 Forum: General «» Posted on: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:55 «» By: FredT
My Thoughts About LSAF 2007
In spite of a surprise that could have stopped the show (the jackhammers) this year’s fest in Dallas was the best yet. We had about the same exhibitor participation as the previous shows in Tulsa, but we had far more visitors. The Dallas area has much lar...
4 Forum: Pro Sound «» Posted on: Mon, 09 April 2007 21:22 «» By: borgward
Re: Sears Silvertone Twin Twelve 1484 cabinet dimensions?
I lost my cabinet, and need the dimensions as well.I burned the coils on the speakers (Please don't ask)That amp is great. Its great for small rooms. I plug my Stratocaster #0309 into both channels to get that early Marshall crunch w/o splitting anyones e...
5 Forum: General «» Posted on: Mon, 09 April 2007 20:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
LSAF Cut Off Date - April 20th, 2007
The cut off date for reserving rooms at LSAF is April 20, 2007. After that, you probably can't get a room at the Embassy Suites. So if you've put off making your reservation until the last minute, you should do it now.Also, if you have any special needs...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 04 April 2007 17:32 «» By: Rick Craig
Re: IDS and McIntosh Arrays
I listened briefly to both speakers the the Detroit AK Fest. The material was also not familiar to me so I won't go into heavy detail here. Also keep in mind the listening rooms were not ideal in the way that they were set up but with a hotel show that's ...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 04 April 2007 00:19 «» By: Aaron D
You are too funny...
I do not think you need you need to be invited to share your thoughts on this subject on a board such as this. Of course, I know you are being polite so kudos for that. And yes I am sure we all know that your opinion is probably biased but you have more t...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 06 February 2007 16:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: PI 7
The JBL 2241 in a 7ft3 cabinet tuned to 30Hz has f3 at 40Hz and f10 at 28Hz. The system is slightly underdamped, making room lift a nice natural conjugate, bringing up the bottom octave and giving solid output into the 20's.If you are going to use these ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 09 January 2007 16:40 «» By: FredT
Pi Studio One Tower
Some time ago I decided to experiment with the Studio One Pi kit in different volume floorstander enclosures, and since then I get the occasional email inquiry about the details of the enclosures. I never did any drawings, but I've posted a picture, and t...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 19 December 2006 19:10 «» By: T. Moore
Theater 4/7 hybrid fun
I had the house to myself the other day and decided to try an experiment with my theater 4/7 hybrid speakers, when I recalled a post in which Wayne mentioned that the midhorns worked best when used in corners. Unfortunately, the only acceptable corners ...
Pages (22): [ «    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18    »]

Current Time: Fri May 03 17:23:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio