Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
141 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 02 August 2009 15:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Constant directivity, compression drivers and crossovers
The R1/R2/C1 network is something I came up with a long time ago, and it is designed to produce an initial shelf of flat response followed by a second region where network output increases 6dB/octave to conjugate the mass rolloff slope of the driver (as ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 13 May 2009 19:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: How high does the pi 7 bass horn go?
Yes, it will reach that high. The thing is, above a couple hundred Hertz, the walls start to act as reflectors. This makes a few blips in the response curve from self-interference with the boundaries. When you look at averaged response, you can run the...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 April 2009 00:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Questions on the 12 and 3 pi subs
Yeah, in small bars, I'd rather use a multisub approach. It's also pretty easy to transport and carry a few three π subs.Now if outdoors, even if on a small stage like at a state fair or Octoberfest or something, that's when you want the 12π hornsubs. U...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 23 January 2009 18:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Single sub bad - multi subs good
I agree with you about running subs and mains as stereo pairs. If outdoors or in a very large room, I'd also agree about keeping subs and mains within 1/4λ at the crossover point. That's essentially what you're saying, I think, when you talk about being...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 07 January 2009 11:25 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Floor Bounce ?
Floor bounce is a reflection from the floor that creates a self-interference notch. It usually occurs between 100Hz and 200Hz, but is totally dependent on the height of the speaker and the distance to the listener. What causes it is a path length diffe...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 06 January 2009 19:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Positioning and subs
I like to use a small riser that angles the speakers back about 5°. Not much, just enough to tilt the forward axis up slightly, to put the pattern at ear level a few feet back. This keeps the midwoofers low enough that there is no floor bounce notch. ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 23 December 2008 11:51 «» By: Wayne Parham
Altering dimensions
In most cases, dimensions of a bass-reflex box can be changed slightly with no ill-effects. As long as you don't significantly alter the Helmholtz frequency or go too large or too small, you can usually make some changes. The things to be careful of whe...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 17 July 2003 11:45 «» By: Wayne Parham
Boundary conditions and room interactions
I'll let those more qualified at woodworking respond to those questions. But as for the optimum distance between woofer and floor, what you have is essentially a boundary condition that also acts as a reflector. The closer to the floor the source is, the...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 17 December 2002 05:56 «» By: mikebake
uW, re-read this part from Sam P!
"Intuitively, I'm thinking the array format is designed for SPECIFIC pro sound applications, and will create more problems than it will solve if implemented poorly. I'm not clear what characteristics it has that would be so desireable for home use that acc...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 17 December 2002 05:22 «» By: Sam P.
a pair of 15's
interfere with each other at 820 Hz. when mounted about 16 inches apart center-to-center. I imagine adding a third woofer would create a situation where the outer two interfere with each other around 400Hz. I've considered the 3 woofer vertical "array" a...
Pages (15): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15    »]

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:28:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio