Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
141 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 19 February 2010 11:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Multiple Subwoofers
Crawlspaces are a problem because the chamber underneath the floor forms a resonator that can cause peaky response. It will suckout some sub frequencies and leave others very loud. Other than that, if you have a concrete foundation, I'd say the floorin...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 16 February 2010 16:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
I agree in all aspects except the points of asymmetry and number of corner sources. I realize you know my position in this matter but I'll restate just in case other readers don't. There are two schools of thought on this, one championed by Todd Welt...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 15 February 2010 18:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Multiple subs are the only way to go in my opinion. It's done more to smooth out room modes than to increase SPL. The idea is to place them around the room in different places so self-interference that is destructive from one sub is filled in by anothe...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 28 January 2010 19:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
JBL 2226 Usage
I meant to say this earlier, but then got busy with my morning things and just clicked "send". I wonder if what you're hearing (or missing) at low levels is a Fletcher-Munson thing. I could understand that, 'cause the deep bass needs more vol...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 13 January 2010 08:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Cornerhorn Ruminations
Nice looking midhorns! Congratulations! We will have the midhorn flat pack kits back on the shopping cart in about a month or six weeks (finally!) I met with the cabinetmaker on Sunday and we discussed it at length. You can keep stuff out of the ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 01 November 2009 21:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
Multisubs
Next step then (in my opinion) is to getcha some subs. I love the sound of my four π speakers even without subs, but adding them puts them really over the top. It's really about smoothing the response as much as it is about increasing extension. One...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 18 October 2009 11:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Multisub explained
I'd probably generally suggest crossing subs below 100Hz but in smaller rooms, sometimes a little higher crossover is merited for specific setups. This is part of the multisub approach, which distributes low frequency sound sources. By "low freque...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 14 October 2009 20:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Dedicated horn loaded mid -- big disappointment.
You could try Speaker Workshop, which is freeware. For more information on things like what you'll need to get going, how to make measurements, what to look for and how to do it, see the Measurement forum, here on ART. Measurements are best taken out...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 04 September 2009 23:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2-Pi Tower floorbounce
Yes, it does. You can correct it with flanking subs, otherwise, it's there. You can't have a midwoofer up off the ground without having a self-interference notch. All the single driver speakers, mini-monitors on stands and tower speakers have it. The...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 01 September 2009 10:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Smoothing Effect on FR of multiple speakers
Have you tried to use "art" as your password for your original login? When we ported to the new forum software, everyone's password was originally set to "art" because we don't store passwords, so couldn't copy them over. If you t...
Pages (15): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15    »]

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:24:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio