Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
141 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 29 May 2011 22:13 «» By: audiothings
Re: 3 Pi Subwoofer Plans
This should not be an issue if the speakers are mounted flush with the wall (in-wall)... am I correct? (please see pic). Of course, the resulting increase in LF will have to be dealt with by the speaker management processor... Sorry, but thi...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 28 May 2011 10:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 Pi Subwoofer Plans
You can put the subwoofer in the same cabinet as the mains, and its vertical offset will help smooth the higher modes, which are mostly from vertical boundary reflections. However, there is another significant self-interference boundary, which is the on...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 16 May 2011 14:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: So how does this all work then..?
I think as long as you have baltic birch, your speakers will sound fine. They'll be lighter and more durable than MDF cabinets too. I like to put four π speakers on 14" stands with 7° tilt back (pointed slightly upward 7°). The three π stand is...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 05 May 2011 14:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Are 7 Pi's for me?
If I understand you right, I think you're saying you can put the cornerhorns at each end of a short wall that has two windows, each a couple feet from the corners. One of the adjacent walls also has a window but there are no entryways near the corners y...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 27 April 2011 18:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 pi & 7 Pi plans
Photos of both kinds of speakers are shown in the document in my last post. It also shows you how they should be setup in the room. Perhaps I can help you decide which model would be better for you. Do you have corners that would be suitable for con...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 14 April 2011 21:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: In-wall baffle
Flush soffit mouting is a good thing because it eliminates the (baffle step) directivity transion from freespace to halfspace radiation. Anytime there is a directivity change, there is a corresponding change in on-axis response. This assumes power resp...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 05 April 2011 15:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Room modes, multisubs and flanking subs
When I first considered the multisub approach, it was prompted by papers written by Todd Welti. He did several tests that showed in-room amplitude response could be made smoother using multiple subs, and gave specific guidance about placement. His favo...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 01 April 2011 15:30 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Options in a nutshell
Flanking subs should be just a couple feet away. They're basically at the foot of the mains, and when blended up through the lower midrange, they'll smooth the floor bounce notch. They're sort of making a three-way speaker out of your matched-directivi...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 31 March 2011 23:40 «» By: Wayne Parham
Options in a nutshell
It's all about the midrange, when you're talking differences between the JBL 2226 and the Eminence Omega 15 in the four Pi loudspeaker. The Omega 15 sounds very good, powerful yet still natural sounding. But it isn't as good as the JBL woofer. The 222...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 01 February 2011 13:38 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Here I'm again
I'd be happy to send plans - on their way now - check your mail. On the subs, no, don't high-pass the mains. This is a different strategy than what is traditionally done. Prosound installations usually high-pass the mains and low-pass the subs wit...
Pages (15): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15    »]

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:26:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio