Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 09 December 2008 16:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: high eff. 3way.
To get higher efficiency than your little one π Speakers, you're probably going to need horns. One π's are 95dB/2.83v/M, so your goal is to go above that.There are a handful of speakers that get above 95dB/2.83v/M but not many that go above 100dB/2.83v/M...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 December 2008 18:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: How many subs are enough?
Outdoors, I would prefer the subs packed close together, ideally within 1/4λ from each other and from the mains. The idea is to create a single sound source so there is no cancellation interference between sound sources. In this case, a single sub would...
3 Forum: General «» Posted on: Thu, 23 October 2008 11:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: RMAF Comments
I like the distributed subwoofer concept as well. Smoothes room modes with dense interference, which is a great way to get uniform bass amplitude in a small room. This technique is especially important if the walls are rigid. It's simple and effective....
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 07 October 2008 12:59 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Help with crossover: Bipole surround speaker
Bipole will be nice, in that it will help distribute bass sound sources, which in turn will average room modes and smooth the sound field.Above that, I think crossover and driver position should be set to put the lobes and nulls where you want them. The ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 05 October 2008 11:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4pi vs 7pi
Your placement situation is ideal. Don't change the orientation - the're designed to be toed in exactly 45°, as their shape and corner placement suggests. The speaker is designed to provide uniform directivity through a 90° arc, and response is good eve...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 10 September 2008 11:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Smoothing room modes
There are two things I would do:1. Take one of the subs outdoors and measure it. That will tell you what the anechoic response is, and let you know if the problem is in the speaker or in the room.2. Model the room with CARA to find out where to put you...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 28 August 2008 23:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Woofer for Econowave
The three π and four π loudspeakers are both of the same design philosophy. I call them matched-directivity two-way loudspeakers. They are both mature designs, highly optimized and tested for best performance.You'll notice the Econowave uses the same ba...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 14 August 2008 11:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Treatment for a cancellation notch - Multiple subs
The best thing to do is to add subs. I think you and I discussed this before, but just to be sure I'll hit the high points. The idea of adding subs isn't just to augment the low end but also to smooth room modes. Having just two subs added to the two b...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 14 August 2008 10:30 «» By: PaulW
Treatment for a cancellation notch?
The passive treatment for room modes is going ahead slowly and the speakers are sounding better with each iteration and as I add hi-frequency diffusion the treble just gets better and better (ceiling panels next). Based on my quick and dirty measurements...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 13 August 2008 19:30 «» By: PaulW
In room response
Today I had a little play with a basic SPL meter and some test tones and was reasonably gratified that the expected room modes were present at the calculate frequencies, so I can work on those. What was a totally unexpected was an -18db hole at 45hz! An...
Pages (50): [ «    27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42    »]

Current Time: Tue May 14 11:01:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio