Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 17 July 2009 13:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Loudspeaker sensitivity and boundary loading
I wondered about the sensitivity too, and how much padding I'd need to match the tweeter. What I found is you don't pad down the tweeter any more than you do with the Delta 12LF. It's acting like its more like 95dB-96dB when baffle mounted. I am anxio...
2 Forum: Measurement «» Posted on: Thu, 09 July 2009 21:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Crossover optimization for DI-matched two-way speakers
This is how I find a crossover that satisfies all the conditions required to simultaneously match the woofer and tweeter sensitivities, provide top-octave equalization for the compression driver's mass rolloff, maintain smooth acoustic phase free from ab...
3 Forum: Measurement «» Posted on: Thu, 09 July 2009 16:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Crossover optimization for DI-matched two-way speakers
Recently I started a new project, and like all of my loudspeakers, I designed it to provide uniform coverage over a 90°x40° pattern. As most of you know, this means the loudspeaker has to be capable of providing good response throughout its coverage area...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 09 July 2009 13:29 «» By: Russellc
Re: 7 Pi treble edge!
I will agree on the "Smoothest part" but disagree as to the right out of the box part. Right out of the box, mine sounded like a cutting torch was going through your head unless I used an L-pad to severly reduce the output. After a few we...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 30 June 2009 22:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Two midbass horn layouts...
There are a lot of ways to skin a cat. But as for me, I try to keep the sound sources above the Schroeder frequency spaced so they sum constructively through a fairly large vertical arc which means relatively tight vertical spacing. The crossover shoul...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 30 June 2009 16:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Help please ... from the bottom up
Response for the tower two π speaker looks like this: This is a pseudo-anechoic measurement, so the bass isn't shown. The towers have nice, deep, full bass though. To put numbers on it, f3 is 40Hz and f10 is about 30Hz. Its impedance curve ...
7 Forum: LSAF «» Posted on: Sat, 20 June 2009 18:37 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Reports from LSAF '09
Thanks for saying, Dave. I appreciate that from you. I have the exact same system this year I did last year, but this time I brought subs. Helps to smooth the room modes. You know, This year I don't know where everyone is. Shane might. He prett...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 10 June 2009 11:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2Pi Towers - potential mods
There are two issues, which I'll describe in more detail below. One is the cabinet size and the other is the position of the port and woofer relative to the cabinet walls. Cabinet size sets Helmholtz frequency, as does port size. That determines bass re...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 01 June 2009 19:13 «» By: PaulW
7 Pi treble edge!
Having built the 7's and enjoyed the results enormously but (there's always a 'but' isn't there?) for one issue, those in room bass modes causing poor, indistinct and boomy bass at certain frequencies. I tried Wayne's multi-sub approach by borrowing a few ...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 04 May 2009 12:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2nd pic
Carpeting works wonders for the floor, in my opinon. The pad and the carpet do a pretty good job of reducing HF floor reflection.How does the room sound when you clap your hands? Walk around the room and listen for ringing spots. Sometimes those angled...
Pages (50): [ «    24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39    »]

Current Time: Mon May 13 17:15:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio