Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 12 October 2009 14:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Interesting New Line Array Design
Yeah, I noticed that too. Measurements taken at different locations and averaged together will tend to smoothe the curve. This is sort of how the multisub approach works to smoothe the modal region. Where there would be dip from destructive interfer...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 02 October 2009 13:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Dense Interference
Look at the concept of dense interference. When several acoustically distant sound sources (direct and/or reflected) combine, some constructively, some destructively and some in-between, what you have at any given listening position is neither a full ca...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 28 September 2009 16:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Multisubs
For indoor installs, I like subs to be run up higher, sometimes to around 60-80Hz, other times even just north of 100Hz (if close enough to mains). The reason is to introduce dense interference in order to smooth room modes. Multiple subs
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 14 September 2009 21:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi
The three π's are happy in any room size although I do find that eight feet is about the lower limit of any room dimension, really for just about any loudspeaker. Probably nothing smaller than 100 sq. feet with standard eight foot ceilings. I'd much ra...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 07 September 2009 21:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Multisubs with Seven Pi corner horns
Yes, I've used subs (actually multisubs) with cornerhorns. This is the best sound system I've ever heard, but you have to have a room with the right corners to do it. With my DI-matched two-ways, I usually run what I call "flanking subs" so...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 01 September 2009 11:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Smoothing Effect on FR of multiple speakers
I measure drivers individually and then as their sound mixes with others. The reason there is a change in FR is due to acoustic summing, both from the direct sound and the reflected sound. It is a very real and measurable effect, easily seen in the amp...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 01 September 2009 10:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Smoothing Effect on FR of multiple speakers
Have you tried to use "art" as your password for your original login? When we ported to the new forum software, everyone's password was originally set to "art" because we don't store passwords, so couldn't copy them over. If you t...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 31 August 2009 23:53 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: slope or slanted baffle vs stands four Pi
Click here for a list of previous posts about stands and angled risers. You'll see I recommend angled risers when used without subs or 18" stands when used with subs. The reason for two different recommendations is that rising the speakers off the...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 20 August 2009 23:16 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Midhorns and boundary loading
Both horns will have nearly the same response in small to medium sized rooms (provided driver breakup doesn't do weird stuff above 1kHz). The differences will be a little easier to notice outdoors. Even there, the biggest difference will be fullness of...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 18 August 2009 10:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Midhorns and boundary loading
The 9π midbass and midrange horns were designed to work properly in true freespace, flown outdoors. When used indoors, you can usually use a smaller horn. I've found that horns designed for use below 300Hz are able to get boundary loading in small ro...
Pages (50): [ «    23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38    »]

Current Time: Tue May 14 15:05:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio