Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
496 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 20 May 2010 18:02 «» By: PaulW
Re: Pi 7 and pi 6
Hi Dom - given that you are already using a large pair of Tannoy's I would expect any bass issues to be the same as you currently are experiencing! As for me, going back over the whole process, the bass problems were more than just room based. The ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 15 May 2010 18:20 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: three π speakers at LSAF 2010
Same speakers as yours, just with that really sexy TD12S. Night and day there, you might spring for a set of upgraded woofers if you can. As for stands, I usually don't put them on stands unless I'm running subs. This prevents floor bounce and gives...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 15 May 2010 18:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi 7 and pi 6
Both the six π and seven π cornerhorns have similar response, a slightly overdamped alignment which results in a gentle, gradual rolloff curve. This alignment is pretty room friendly, and tends to sound smooth in most rooms but, of course, some rooms ar...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 05 May 2010 22:59 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 Pi - Could it work for me?
I run a 10 watt Audio Note amp for my main home stereo and home theater. It's plenty for either model - three π or four π - but do remember the four π is 3dB louder. This isn't night and day, but it is noticeable. With 10 watts, I'd say either will pl...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 03 May 2010 14:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: How Many Speakers For A Home Theater System?
Most home theater systems are for five channel, left/right/center and a pair of surrounds. Some are for seven channels, a left/right surround and a pair in the rear. Either of those configurations are pretty good for home systems, I think, with one spe...
6 Forum: Pro Sound «» Posted on: Thu, 29 April 2010 16:26 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Build my own subs
I think that the number of subs required really depends on the environment and application, but you'll be hard pressed to find mains that can keep up with the 12π hornsub on a one-to-one basis. Usually, I see at least two mains flown for each sub. Some...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 29 April 2010 14:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Versions and Upgrades
I agree with your assessment of the crossover. The new version (2007) is an incremental improvement over the original, not a night-and-day paradigm shift by any means. The basic design hasn't changed in many years. But having the latest version of the...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 13 April 2010 21:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi/ 4pi plans
Stands are good for raising the sound source, particularly for smaller speakers. I think it becomes less necessary with larger speakers, and sometimes I use stands that are short enough they are probably best called angled risers. But sometimes even la...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 24 March 2010 10:25 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi build for HT
I'd love to see NWCgrad's build pics too. As for the internal bracing, yes, of course, if you displace too much internal volume you can affect performance. So the obvious reply is "don't". It is designed to have an internal cross-brace and t...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 17 March 2010 14:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi speaker stands?
The stands in that photo are 12" tall and have 7° tilt. There are lot of competent stand builders that can build to order. Most have standard sizes but will also custom build. They need to be a little larger than what some shops normally build bu...
Pages (50): [ «    20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35    »]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:54:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio