Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
496 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 05 October 2010 09:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: In wall or free standing?
Wall mounted speakers are monopoles, yes. You can mount the speaker any way you want to. Like I said in my last post, most purpose designed wall-mount speakers are very much like car speakers, using the wall itself as the baffle and the space behind th...
2 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Sat, 02 October 2010 01:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Acoustics and Aesthetics
Speakers with controlled directivity can really help sound quality from 200Hz up, even in troublesome rooms. And multiple subs help smooth room modes, improving sound quality at lower frequencies. So some of the problems room acoustics give us can be a...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 31 August 2010 17:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
In-wall flush mounting
All of my speakers respond well to this kind of placement. They are all designed to be used in quarter-space or eighth-space, and I don't use baffle step compensation filters. My thinking has always been that the baffles are rather large, so the transi...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 21 July 2010 15:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Kilomax-18
You betcha. Put it in a 10ft3 cabinet tuned to 25Hz. It will actually work well in even larger boxes, up to 20ft3, if you have the space for a cabinet that large. Give it plenty of vent area, at least 50in2. That will work very well down low. Belo...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 02 July 2010 15:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Crossover optimization for DI-matched two-way speakers, revisited
I usually fine-tune the position of the forward lobe by adjusting the low-pass circuit slightly. I know within about 10° where the centerline of the forward lobe will be before I start, because of mathematical models or previous design efforts or both. ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 24 June 2010 10:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
three π / four π comparison
I think you've probably seen the datasheet for the four π loudspeaker: four π loudspeaker performance dataI haven't had a chance to do a spec sheet like that for the three π, but I do have a lot of data gathered during the design phase. I will make tim...
7 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Wed, 23 June 2010 13:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Possible move
Walk across the floor, tap your feet. If you hear a hollow sound, then that will also be what you hear when playing your sound system. I love the serviceability of a raised hardwood floor, the ability to get underneath and work on pipes and what-not....
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 15 June 2010 14:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4Pi crossover issue
Smooth bottoms is what really drove the decision against plate-through holes on the crossover boards. Even if you cut off the sharp edges when removing the leads from soldered components, you'd still have the thickness of the solder joints which wou...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 13 June 2010 17:59 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2.5 way using two JBL 2226J with B&C DE 250 & H290 horn
A few thoughts: First, a minor clarification. The H290 is not a BiRadial horn. "BiRadial" is a JBL trademark and it is a constant directivity design that has a diffraction slot in the throat. The H290 is a radial horn that provides consta...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 30 May 2010 11:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 Pi Build
Something is not right. This model is one of the smoothest of the line. You didn't say what horn you were using, but remember that these designs are specific to the parts called out in the plans. You can't necessarily substitute parts without design c...
Pages (50): [ «    19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34    »]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:36:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio