Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
496 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 03 January 2011 13:54 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: pi seven top horns?
The bass bin of the π cornerhorn has remained unchanged since it was introduced in 1980, but the midrange and tweeter have changed over the years. I've used direct radiating mids and horn-loaded mids, and for a few years even experimented with making th...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 29 December 2010 16:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity Loudspeakers Whitepaper
I've written a whitepaper on waveguides and constant directivity loudspeakers available at the link below. Seems like I've often gotten the same questions and comments over the years, and I've tended to reply with a list of links to documents and messag...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 December 2010 10:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Constant directivity verses on-axis EQ for non-uniform directivity (aka baffle step filters)
Glad it was helpful. I hope it made sense and wasn't too abstract. I find myself getting a lot of the same questions and comments over the years, and I tend to link to past posts in reply. I had a list of about a dozen posts that sort of covered the...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 11 December 2010 14:06 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Best choice for my set up
I use a phantom center channel. Toe-in so the right and left axes cross just in front of the listeners. Imaging, placement and orientationAbout corner placement - I'm not against putting subs in corners but I'm definitely against putting a single sub...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 11 December 2010 10:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Best choice for my set up
If you want all-out best, use six π or seven π cornerhorns if you can put them in corners, or three π or four π mains if corner positioning isn't possible. If using three π or four π speakers, put them on stands to get them up to the level of the screen...
6 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 30 November 2010 15:30 «» By: Adveser
Re: Bass Traps
Sylvester the cat helps too. I'm serious. Stuffed animals in your audio room are very beneficial. I used to have hundreds of them when I was a kid. I guess in the back of my mind they were doing something I liked other than looking cute.
7 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 23 November 2010 10:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Acoustics and Aesthetics
Use two to four subs in different places in the room for best sound quality. In some rooms, two is enough, especially if the mains provide adequate bass too. The idea is to spread the sound sources around, to smooth room modes. You want multiple sound...
8 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 23 November 2010 08:21 «» By: Lancelot
Re: Acoustics and Aesthetics
This is the best advice but I think this is costly. How many subs would you recommend in order to have a good sound quality? Anyway, I watch movies at night and aesthetics doesn't matter to me anymore because the room is dark.
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 04 November 2010 10:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Advice needed for first timers
Honestly, the cabinets are very easy to build and materials aren't expensive, at least in America. The wood that's best to use is MDF, and that doesn't cost much. If the cabinets will be moved a lot or used in humid environments, I'd suggest baltic bir...
10 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Fri, 22 October 2010 12:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Room treatments
Directional speakers will help a lot, as will multiple subs to help smooth room modes. Then again, garages are often pretty lively and they usually aren't built with any attention paid to soundproofing. Stuff tends to vibrate. Myself, I might be tem...
Pages (50): [ «    18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33    »]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:31:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio