Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
496 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Sun, 27 February 2011 16:45 «» By: Wayne Parham
Multisubs
Do a search for "multisub". The idea is to use multiple subs to smooth room modes, making the bass sound good throughout the room. That's the best way to setup subs, but it does require more than one. If you have only one sub, it will soun...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 21 February 2011 19:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 pi, oh my!
They're a very easy load for tube amps. High efficiency and benign impedance curve. Perfect for tubes. They are intended to be built and used in mirror images. This is mostly for aesthetics but there is a very small oblique tilt in the position of ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 09 February 2011 06:52 «» By: justphil
Re: Plans Request
Yes a BFM design table tuba. It is only good to 30hz I am pretty sure. http://billfitzmaurice.net/ I am also on the fence if I want to build 4 of these so I can smoothe out any room modes I may have. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1238...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 05 February 2011 09:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Jumping the gun, but a few questions
I don't suggest deviating from the plans unless you are prepared to do a lot of measurements and go through a full design/test cycle. Some modifications can be done with little impact but most can't. Making the cabinet significantly larger changes the ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 02 February 2011 11:01 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Multisubs
What I mean when I say "leave the mains wide open" is to not high-pass them, let them run all the way down. As you've said, conventional wisdom is to high-pass the mains at the same frequency you low-pass the subs. This is a traditional cro...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 01 February 2011 13:38 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Here I'm again
I'd be happy to send plans - on their way now - check your mail. On the subs, no, don't high-pass the mains. This is a different strategy than what is traditionally done. Prosound installations usually high-pass the mains and low-pass the subs wit...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 01 February 2011 10:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Home Theater Setup
Honestly, I don't like making the center channel speaker different than the left and right speakers. If you can't make them the same, I'd prefer not to even use a center speaker. Use a phantom center instead. You can configure the home theater this wa...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 31 January 2011 21:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 pi speaker
The Econowave is a good basic design, fundamentally the same thing as the three π and four π loudspeakers it was based on. That said, I'd stick with one of the stock π model loudspeakers. They are designed and optimized for the drivers and horns chosen...
9 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Sun, 30 January 2011 15:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Where To Learn More?
I suggest CARA. There are online room calculators, but they only show the frequencies where standing waves are produced, not the positions of the nulls and peaks. At low frequencies, i.e. first axial mode, they line up pretty evenly. But above that, s...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 19 January 2011 10:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Multiple Speakers
The multiple subwoofer technique is done to smooth room modes, not to "make more bass". There is some information about it in the document below, last few pages (including references to several other papers on the subject): High-Fidelity ...
Pages (50): [ «    17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32    »]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:56:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio