Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
496 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 22 August 2011 15:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4pi Commercial Dinner Theater Build
I think they will work well that way, just be sure to delay the mains to match the path length of the subs. Orient the subs with the mouth near the floor. If the F20s sound good in the ~120Hz range, I'd low-pass them with a shallow filter slope, like...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 21 August 2011 19:51 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Information about Pi Speakers
What you want for flanking subs are sound sources that are smooth through 200Hz or so. Pretty much any direct radiating sub will do that just fine, regardless of size. Most subs will, to be honest. The only thing I'd stay away from are tapped horns, w...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 21 August 2011 08:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Information about Pi Speakers
Read the material below, and then do some searches here on the forum to help you decide which model and upgrade options to get: High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity Loudspeakers Information about π Speakers Your decision should be based on room layout, d...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 19 August 2011 19:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4Pi Speaker Plans request
You've got mail! I would also suggest reading the material at these links for more information: High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity Loudspeakers Room modes, multisubs and flanking subs
5 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Wed, 17 August 2011 09:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Does Smoke In Bars/Clubs Affect Acoustic?
There's definitely a difference in sound inside verses outside. Outside, there are no reflections. Inside, you have reflections and standing wave room modes.
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 04 August 2011 16:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofer hook-up
With a passive preamp, you pretty much have to use mains that have input adjustments in order to set the relative volume levels between mains and subs. This is true with active preamps too, if there is just one output. That's how I run mine - I have an...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 24 July 2011 08:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4pi Commercial Dinner Theater Build
I would suggest building the four π speaker as designed. It is a tested and mature loudspeaker system. The four π speaker is the result of hundreds of hours of R&D time, and to modify it basically throws all that design and testing out the window...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 16 July 2011 12:12 «» By: Dave_S
Re: Modifed 4 Pi Build Report
Thanks. I am not sure. What software feature should I look for? This is all a completely new to me. Also, is there a frequency range that the standing waves occur in? The testing will likely be for my own learning, but it would not be beyond me ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 14 June 2011 13:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Sealed 4Pi ???
I wouldn't do a sealed version of the four π loudspeaker, except for one application. The center channel of a home theater system having four π speakers can be made sealed, with the left and right being standard models, mirror imaged as usual. In this ...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 29 May 2011 09:04 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Plans and question
You've got mail! The room is fine for cornerhorns, but you'll definitely have strong room modes. Rigid walls like that are great structurally, but acoustically, they provide no damping at all. I would definitely add subs in the opposing corners, and...
Pages (50): [ «    15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30    »]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:51:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio