Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 01 November 2011 17:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Notes for the DIYer
Several new loudspeaker projects have been started that are similar to my three π and four π loudspeakers. So I'm getting lots of PMs and posts asking what I'd do about this and what I think about that. Most seem to be concerned with the crossover, thi...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 28 October 2011 20:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3D Sound
Oh, yes, I know. It's described in the Carver patent. I have the same settings in my processor, and I've tried the setup. So I know what you are experiencing - a sort of headphone-like imaging from loudspeakers. It's very good, but the benefits are...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 24 October 2011 21:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Helper Woofer Location
Modeling won't show what we're trying to accomplish unless you do a room simulation. Most software I know of simulates a speaker in anechoic space or some simple radiating angle (e.g. halfspace). Room simulation software tends to see the source as a si...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 24 October 2011 17:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Helper Woofer Location
The best approach for the helper woofer is to locate it physically between the main midwoofer and the nearest room boundaries. So you might want to put the helper woofer on the back, near the bottom. I sometimes call this a "flanking sub" app...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 20 October 2011 09:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 6 Pi
As you know, the response of the three π loudspeaker is very smooth and distortion is low. But so is the six π cornerhorn, and it has the advantage of true constant directivity, with reflection-free wavefront propogation. That's a real big deal. One...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 11 October 2011 12:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: LAB12
Also study the multisub concept for smoothing room modes: Room modes, multisubs and flanking subs High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity Loudspeakers
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 09 October 2011 08:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Yes, I believe it would. Good find - I may bring one in to try it too. Remember though - You don't want to high-pass the mains like you would in a prosound environment. Most times, in the prosound world, the speakers are used in a very large room w...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 08 October 2011 23:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
I've send the plans for the three π subwoofer. As for crossovers, there are a lot of options. The Behringer would work, as would the Rekkhorn sub crossover or the Pyle crossover. I wouldn't use the Pyle crossover unless it were modded though, so if ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 06 October 2011 14:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Speaker placement and wavefront launch
I have two answers for you, one that you asked for and the other, you didn't. First is the reason sound waves become spherical at a distance. All sound waves in free space tend to radiate this way, even if they start off as a plane wave (like from ...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 05 October 2011 17:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Speaker placement and wavefront launch
The illustrations show radiation from a monopole source with boundary distances relative to wavelength. You're right that different frequencies create different patterns in the room, because the speaker is a fixed distance from the boundaries. But thes...
Pages (50): [ «    13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28    »]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:55:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio