Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 07 February 2012 00:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: The importance of the size of the room
Study the topics of the reverberant field, late verses early reflections and room modes. Room modes come into play at low frequencies, and the reverberant field describes sound behaviour at higher frequencies. Both sound ranges are improved in larger r...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 29 January 2012 00:16 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Another Sub woofer Q&A
Honestly, as long as the subwoofers you use are of good quality, it doesn't matter as much what brands and models you use. What matters more is their positions and low-pass slopes. The main thing is you shouldn't expect any single subwoofer to integrat...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 26 January 2012 08:06 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofer Crossover
I wouldn't set it for auto-equalization unless you connect an array of microphones that sample several points in the room. But you could surely use more than one microphone, and then I think it would work pretty well. You just don't want it to EQ b...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 25 January 2012 19:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofer Crossover
The MiniDSP would work nicely, because you can use it to set whatever low-pass frequency and slope you want. I'd probably lean towards that since it gives you such flexibility. Sub crossovers are easier to dial-in than the crossovers inside the mains. ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 23 January 2012 18:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4pi plans and questions
You've got mail! Four π speakers are perfectly suited for soffit mounting, in wall, baffle flush. See the following thread: four π loudspeakers at NJCU sound labAs for the surround speakers, I really like using one π or two π speakers as surrounds. ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 09 January 2012 19:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 or 4pi for HT LCR and flat-packs?
I'll send plans but first decide which model you prefer. There are some threads here that discuss the differences, so look through them, decide which model you want, and let me know. I'll send plans right out. 3π / 4π search resultsWe do not make flat...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 07 January 2012 14:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: PA system using Three Pi as Mains and Three Pi Sub(s)
Definitely don't run a single sub in that space. You've gone to the trouble to build the room right but you'll throw all that out the window if you just use one sub. There's no way to make that room right in the modal region with just one sub. So defi...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 07 January 2012 14:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subs as 3pi stands?
If putting the mains on top of the woofers is all you can do, then you can't take advantage of modal smoothing using multiple sound sources. The mains and the subs will sum the same (either in phase or out of phase, depending on how they're connected). ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 31 December 2011 10:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: how'd we get here (or where is this)?
Altec made excellent speakers in that era. Not too bad by today's standards either. But they definitely don't compare with a properly designed modern matched-directivity two-way (waveguide) loudspeaker, even though they look similar. The following d...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 26 December 2011 13:50 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: JBL 2226H question: is this right?
That's good. Run a couple subs flanking, and my experience is they are generally best run out of phase with the fours. Just the opposite for threes, but that's a different story. Then run the other subs further away, nearer the opposite wall. Room mo...
Pages (50): [ «    11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26    »]

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:31:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio