Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 02 June 2012 10:30 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi Design Questions
The measurement above 200Hz is pretty much the same as a standard four π loudspeaker when measured in this manner. And yes, frankly, that's a very good chart. But below 200Hz, it's ambiguous because only room modes can be seen. That's where you would ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 01 June 2012 21:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi Design Questions
Yes, now you're getting good measurements. You still see room modes down low, like the one around 120Hz. This is a vertical mode, and is part of what flanking subs fix. Below that, the response is dominated by room modes - both speakers look the same ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 07 May 2012 12:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4Pi speaker tweek
I talked to Nick while he was contemplating this build. I told him the same thing I tell everyone that approaches me with a mod like this. First, if you change the physical relationship between midwoofer and tweeter, the crossover has to be redesigne...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 27 April 2012 10:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Baffle wall
A couple of posts about the subject of soffit mounting: 4Pi soffit mounting 3Pi wall baffleThere are a few linked pages in each of those threads. Be sure and read the content contained in each of the links because they describe the underlying issue - wh...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 15 March 2012 13:59 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Request for plans
If you have the right corners, then constant directivity cornerhorns are definitely the way to go. But if you don't, then matched-directivity two-way speakers may be used with flanking subs to good effect. To learn more about each of these things, see ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 01 March 2012 14:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: High-pass on the 4pi?
I prefer second-order for flanking subs, low-passed between 80Hz and 120Hz. This assumes the subs will be within a few feet from the mains, as described in the Speaker placement and wavefront launch and room modes, multisubs and flanking subs threads. ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 29 February 2012 14:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: High-pass on the 4pi?
High-pass at the Helmholtz frequency of the mains. The multisub configuration is not limited to direct radiators, but can be employed with hornsubs as well. Delay on the mains is really used to match the acoustic centers, to compensate for the extra de...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 24 February 2012 18:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Surround Sound With TV Over Fireplace
Don't put the mains on top of flanking subs because that defeats the purpose. They need to be a few feet behind, below and beside the mains. Each flanking subs needs to be between the main speaker it's flanking and the nearest boundaries, in all three ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 24 February 2012 13:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Surround Sound With TV Over Fireplace
A few thoughts, starting with some basic concepts: High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity Loudspeakers Room modes, multisubs and flanking subsAbout wives and sound, I actually think most wives care about sound as much or more than their husbands. It's just...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 24 February 2012 12:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Midrange Horn
I designed one, but it's really too large for home hifi use. Especially since corner placement allows for a much smaller horn to be used. That's the direction I went with the midhorn - It is used on my constant directivity cornerhorns, and its output b...
Pages (50): [ «    10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25    »]

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:10:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio