Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 27 December 2012 19:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi, smaller cab possible?
Changing the size of the baffle will alter the speaker's directivity at low to midrange frequencies. At low frequencies, the speaker radiates omnidirectionally but as frequency rises, the baffle begins to limit the radiation pattern to the forward-facin...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 22 December 2012 09:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4PI Cabinet plans / question
That's one of the main reasons I prefer vented boxes. They reduce excursion while at the same time adding extension. And in the modal region, the changing phase of a Helmholtz resonator is unimportant, so it's definitely better to run vented mains. ...
3 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 18 December 2012 09:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: speaker location and type
Speaker placement depends largely on the type of speaker you choose. Some need to be in free space, not near walls. Others work better when placed close to walls. Some are designed to be placed in corners. Some should be pointed at the listening area...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 12 December 2012 15:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Room modes, multisubs and flanking subs
Specific multisub placement advice: Welti configuration Geddes configuration Parham "flanking sub" configuration
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 29 November 2012 14:58 «» By: zheka
Re: Flanking Subs vs Helper Woofers
If flanking subs are designed to address boundary interactions and room modes only in the 80Hz-200Hz region, can "mid-bass" bass-reflex modules with high efficiency pro-drivers be used instead of full fledged subwoofers designed to go much lower?...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 29 November 2012 10:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi revisited first impression
Thanks for posting here. As I read your post, I remembered the days about ten or twelve years ago when many people on this forum were "doing their own thing" like this, maybe as many as half of the builders deviating from the plans in one way ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 08 November 2012 15:45 «» By: Wayne Parham
π Constant Directivity Cornerhorn: Bass Bin Design Details
I did consider making the bass bin of my constant directivity cornerhorns using a folded horn, like the 12π hornsub. But upon careful considerations, I found a lot of disadvantages in that approach. These considerations are described in some detail in ...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 12 October 2012 17:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Speaker Stand Article
I consider the loudspeaker position and its amount of panel vibration separately. Loudspeaker position and direction determines the orientation of the forward lobe, and it also sets the position of the node that energizes room modes. This is true eve...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 09 October 2012 07:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 7 Pi Plans
You've got mail! Beautiful photos. Is that the view from your home? About your room, four feet isn't really enough of a corner to provide the best response, but you would still have the benefit of not having a reflection from the closest walls. A...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 07 October 2012 11:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3Pi speakers - various questions
Can you put the subs just to the outside of the mains instead? If you put them in the center, they'll act as a single source. Three feet of separation isn't enough, except to smooth self-interference from nearest boundaries which you won't have becau...
Pages (50): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:18:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio