Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 20 September 2012 15:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3Pi speakers - various questions
I see, yes, those are panel absorbers, which are the most effective kind of damper for lower frequencies. The traditional absorbent wedges are great for HF but can't do much at LF, they're just not thick enough. But panel dampers are membranes that are...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 20 September 2012 02:51 «» By: audiothings
Thank you Wayne. I have incorporated the above suggestions into my current design idea. As I mentioned, I have read your work, and that of Dr. Geddes. In this case, there are a couple of reasons why I am disinclined to take this route. First...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 20 September 2012 00:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
That looks like an excellent layout. But I have a few suggestions. First, keep the subs in separate boxes from the mains, so you can use them as distributed multisubs. This will help smooth room modes. Second, don't run the mains sealed, but rath...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 18 September 2012 00:50 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4pi Dinner Theater Update
It's hard to say just by looking. But there are a few generalizations that I think may apply to you. One is the larger the room, the smoother it is. Room modes get shifted down below the passband (and so don't exist) at some point. And reflections ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 09 August 2012 09:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 7 PI Plans
Bass response of the seven π cornerhorns is the same as the four π speakers. What's different is the behaviour of sound at frequencies above midbass. The corner loading of the woofer and the midhorn prevent any self-interference from nearby boundaries,...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 07 August 2012 10:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 Pi and 4 Pi comparison
Well, the three π loudspeaker does offer greater extension. I think if I weren't planning to use a sub, I'd go with that. It sounds good without a sub, but please be mindful that flanking subs smooth room modes. That's even more important than the ext...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 04 August 2012 09:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: How does one emulate the typical theater sound?
You're absolutely right. With a projector and screen, you can put the center speaker behind the screen. That's definitely the best approach. When running a plasma or LCD screen though, I'd have to say I don't think there is a good center channel optio...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 21 July 2012 11:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi7 Mid Horn Question's
I'd bet a month's pay that your anomaly at 80Hz is from standing waves in the room, or more likely from a reflection from the wall behind the speakers. They are similar issues, both self-interference from room boundaries. Those kinds of issues are rea...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 06 July 2012 12:32 «» By: NWCgrad
Re: 4 Pi Home Theater Build
One or two more subs, do I look like a sub junkie to you! Okay, maybe I could become one. When I return to the US (nearly 1 year complete, 1 more to go) I am thinking about building true 3 Pi sub enclosures (vice 16" sealed cubes) for my fla...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 26 June 2012 10:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi Home Theater Build
That looks good from 100Hz up, which tells me the flanking subs are setup correctly. I do think you might benefit from adding one or two more distant subs to smooth the lowest modes. You could fill in that 60Hz notch, for example. That would make the 40-...
Pages (50): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Thu Apr 15 11:42:43 CDT 2021

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio