Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 20 February 2013 14:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2Pi's completed - now I want a center channel
You would have to measure to know what the treatments were doing, so if you have measurement gear, try a sweep or burst with the treatments and another one without and compare the difference. My gut feel is the treatments may help in the midrange and ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 04 February 2013 10:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Flanking Subs vs Helper Woofers, revisited
You can build what I would describe as a "detatched 2.5-way" speaker. Essentially it is a DI-matched two-way with a second midwoofer in a separate box, physically located as presecribed for flanking subs, i.e. just beside, behind and below the...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 01 February 2013 13:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Information about the 3 Pi Subwoofer
Those are good questions, thanks for asking. The three π subwoofer is a good general-purpose subwoofer that covers the 20-200Hz decade. It was designed to be a high-quality subwoofer in a convenient size. It isn't specifically designed to be a flank...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 23 January 2013 11:57 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Flanking Subs vs Helper Woofers
I just watched a video of an audio gathering, where several presenters gave talks on one thing or another. One of the presenters was Earl Geddes, who did a talk on multisubs: SMWTMS Meeting, January 19, 2013 (That's Southeastern Michigan Woofer and...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 22 January 2013 10:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Tuning below Fs with JBL 2226H?
Lobing from acoustically distance sources is undesirable, that is true. It is to be avoided where possible, and outdoors or in very large areas, you want point source summing, which is accomplished by keeping source locations within 1/4λ, just as you've...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 21 January 2013 09:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Tuning below Fs with JBL 2226H?
The JBL 2226H is one of my all-time favorite midwoofers. And it is capable of producing subwoofer output too, but it is not optimized for that purpose. Most of the things that make it great - its motor structure with shorting rings, it's highly damped ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 20 January 2013 13:41 «» By: zheka
Re: 4 PI by Andy
Thank you very much. The box I am working on is also 10ft^3. The longest side is about 36" internal. It would not be used as true flanking sub but it may be low passed as high as 120Hz. If standing waves indeed form in this case, they would come ...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 20 January 2013 13:01 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 PI by Andy
Damping material is not needed in traditional subs run outdoors, distributed subs in a multisub arrangement, or pretty much any subwoofer that is acoustically small. But that's a key: The subwoofer cabinet must be acoustically small, which means the lo...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 18 January 2013 16:59 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofers vs budget... where do you draw the line?
The multisub approach is intended to mitigate room modes. The problem is the direct sound from the subwoofer and the reflections from each boundary combine differently at each point in the room. So there are hot spots and dead spot in the room, and the...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 14 January 2013 17:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofers vs budget... where do you draw the line?
If I have DI-matched two-way speakers, I always start with flanking subs. I mean, you can run the speakers with no subs at all if you're making an apartment system or something like that, but if we're talking stepping up a notch or two, start with flank...
Pages (50): [ «    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    »]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:03:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio