Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 20 May 2013 17:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Uniform Directivity - How important is it?
To offer a little more information, consider the following sonograms: First, the ideal directivity pattern would be constant through the entire audio band. A constant directivity cornerhorn comes close to this, because the walls confine the beam down...
2 Forum: LSAF «» Posted on: Tue, 07 May 2013 21:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: LSAF 2013
My room is definitely commercial, but it grew out of a hobby and is decidedly slanted towards DIY. In fact, for the first couple years my Pi Speakers forum was online, I didn't sell anything, just like you guys. I just provided plans for my speakers, a...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 30 March 2013 16:53 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofers
I would suggest even more than one subwoofer. Not because they are needed for sound pressure level, but because the smooth room modes. See the attached link for more information: Room modes, multisubs and flanking subs
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 22 February 2013 15:25 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: flanking subs with small mains
Keep in mind that the flanking sub / helper woofer approach does most of its thing between 80Hz and 200Hz. So if the mains can run to 80Hz, you can run helper woofers like I described and get as much benefit from them as flanking subs that are typically...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 22 February 2013 14:01 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: flanking subs with small mains
Let me see if I understand you right. This is what I think you are saying: 1. When bass management is used, the sub output is low-passed and the mains are high-passed at the same frequency. 2. You are considering setting this frequency to 60Hz to ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 20 February 2013 14:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2Pi's completed - now I want a center channel
You would have to measure to know what the treatments were doing, so if you have measurement gear, try a sweep or burst with the treatments and another one without and compare the difference. My gut feel is the treatments may help in the midrange and ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 04 February 2013 10:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Flanking Subs vs Helper Woofers, revisited
You can build what I would describe as a "detatched 2.5-way" speaker. Essentially it is a DI-matched two-way with a second midwoofer in a separate box, physically located as presecribed for flanking subs, i.e. just beside, behind and below the...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 01 February 2013 13:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Information about the 3 Pi Subwoofer
Those are good questions, thanks for asking. The three π subwoofer is a good general-purpose subwoofer that covers the 20-200Hz decade. It was designed to be a high-quality subwoofer in a convenient size. It isn't specifically designed to be a flank...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 23 January 2013 11:57 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Flanking Subs vs Helper Woofers
I just watched a video of an audio gathering, where several presenters gave talks on one thing or another. One of the presenters was Earl Geddes, who did a talk on multisubs: SMWTMS Meeting, January 19, 2013 (That's Southeastern Michigan Woofer and...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 21 January 2013 09:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Tuning below Fs with JBL 2226H?
The JBL 2226H is one of my all-time favorite midwoofers. And it is capable of producing subwoofer output too, but it is not optimized for that purpose. Most of the things that make it great - its motor structure with shorting rings, it's highly damped ...
Pages (50): [ «    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    »]

Current Time: Thu Apr 15 11:25:51 CDT 2021

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio