Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 25 October 2015 15:20 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Mono "flanking sub"
A flanking sub is useful for one main speaker. So you can have just one, but if you do, it can't help both speakers of stereo mains. It can only help one. The main job of a flanking sub is to smooth the self-interference anomalies from nearest bound...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 26 May 2015 13:29 «» By: vandevoordekoen
4 pi speakers + 3 pi subwoofers, pics & measurements
Hello, Two years ago I started with the 4pi project thanks to Wayne who helped me a lot with his plans and answering my questions. Pictures! 1. Building the 4pi speakers 2. Finishing 3...
3 Forum: LSAF «» Posted on: Mon, 04 May 2015 22:37 «» By: admin
Re: LSAF 2015
Wayne Parham talking about vertical nulls or room modes or some such thing
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 08 March 2015 10:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Four Pi Frequency Response
That looks like a measurement made indoors. We're seeing room modes and self-interference. The dips around 100Hz to 150Hz look like self-interference from the nearest boundary, which are precisely what flanking subs correct. You'll notice your first...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 15 November 2014 14:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Will 7Pi work in my room?
The floor won't be a problem, provided the room doesn't sound resonant from panel vibration. Most times, room modes are the biggest problem anyway. Curtains almost always help, and constant directivity cornerhorns benefit even more because there aren...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 03 November 2014 07:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4Pi without subwoofer
Multiple subs - both flanking subs and distributed subs - improve sound quality for any loudspeaker setup. The multisub approach smoothes room modes. See the "Room Effects and Loudspeaker Interactions" section of the π Speakers FAQ for more i...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 31 October 2014 10:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4Pi without subwoofer
Certainly, you can listen to four π mains without subs. They sound great by themselves, especially in smaller rooms. But to be quite honest, adding flanking subs takes them to a whole new level. Not only do you get a better foundation but you get moda...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 29 September 2014 23:19 «» By: go94022
Svelte 3pi
Hi Wayne, Been thinking about this for a long time, so apologies if the post gets over-long. Posting this to gather ideas from you and others in this forum, and also hope to get a copy of the 3pi plans/crossover as a starting point. I would to like to ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 04 September 2014 10:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: My new 4Pis
I just love the looks of those speakers in red! Especially with the red amp and stereo rack. Love that amp, by the way. It's awesome! When you have the time and/or budget, please do setup some flanking subs. Those have a specific purpose, which is...
10 Forum: Home Theater «» Posted on: Sat, 17 May 2014 00:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Concrete walls
Concrete walls make room modes much more pronounced than rooms with less rigid walls. You'll want to add some damping, like panel absorbers, for best results.
Pages (50): [ «    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18    »]

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:01:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio