Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
250 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 08 October 2011 23:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: LAB12
I've send the plans for the three π subwoofer. As for crossovers, there are a lot of options. The Behringer would work, as would the Rekkhorn sub crossover or the Pyle crossover. I wouldn't use the Pyle crossover unless it were modded though, so if ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 06 October 2011 14:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Speaker placement and wavefront launch
I have two answers for you, one that you asked for and the other, you didn't. First is the reason sound waves become spherical at a distance. All sound waves in free space tend to radiate this way, even if they start off as a plane wave (like from ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 05 October 2011 17:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Speaker placement and wavefront launch
The illustrations show radiation from a monopole source with boundary distances relative to wavelength. You're right that different frequencies create different patterns in the room, because the speaker is a fixed distance from the boundaries. But thes...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 03 October 2011 09:26 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: The most expensive speakers in the world
Honestly, anything over about $20,000 is outrageous. The best drivers in the world can be purchased for under $1000. So even if you have an array of them, you're talking a few thousand bucks, tops. Most of the cost is in the cabinet - which is underst...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 02 October 2011 00:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Speaker placement and wavefront launch
The ideal: The constant directivity cornerhorn. In this configuration, the sound source is within 1/4λ from the apex of the corner. This makes the walls act essentially as a large waveguide, confining radiation to the angle of the walls. There is no ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 21 September 2011 20:01 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: subwoofer use for old cabinets
I thought about those Marchand crossovers, and may still give them a try. They certainly have a good reputation. The thing is, I prefer a gentle 12dB/octave slope for multisubs, especially the flanking subs. That's what attracted me to that Pyle cross...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 21 September 2011 15:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: subwoofer use for old cabinets
Don't high-pass the mains, let them run wide open. Low-pass the subs depending on their distance from the mains. If you only have a couple subs, make them flanking subs and low-pass them around 90Hz. Put the mains on stands, and put the subs on the floor...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 14 September 2011 22:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 1pi or 2pi for surrounds?
Above 200Hz, your chart is pretty close to what I measure from the little one π speakers. They're flat up top, with gradually reduced bass below a couple hundred Hertz. By 65Hz or so, they're really pretty much done, although in your case, a room mode ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 09 September 2011 10:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
three π verses four π
I tend to try and refrain from giving my subjective opinions on the comparisons between the JBL 2226 used in the four π speaker and the AE TD12S used in the three π speaker. I just think too highly of both models. I don't hesitate to point out the bene...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 03 September 2011 22:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: New HT - Need Advice on Speakers - 4pis or 7pis for main, 2pis, and what to use for bass
Answers by numbers: 1. The seven π cornerhorn is a constant directivity cornerhorn. The four π speaker is a matched-directivity two-way loudspeaker. The difference is that a constant directivity cornerhorn provides constant directivity from the Sch...
Pages (25): [ «    10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25    »]

Current Time: Sun May 19 10:53:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio