Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
142 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 16 February 2010 16:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Multiple Subwoofers
I agree in all aspects except the points of asymmetry and number of corner sources. I realize you know my position in this matter but I'll restate just in case other readers don't. There are two schools of thought on this, one championed by Todd Welt...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 21 January 2010 20:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Information about π Speakers
I like the six π or seven π constant directivity cornerhorn speakers if the room has the right corners, or the three π or four π matched-directivity speakers if not. The eight π loudspeaker is sort of a budget hybrid model that also provides uniform dir...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 28 December 2009 21:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi and 7 Pi bass response- More similar or different?
Yes, you could do that. If the false wall is large enough it will work pretty well. My concern is it might be awkward, but maybe not. If it does prove awkward, you can always stick with four π speakers. You might try adding the midhorn on top...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 15 December 2009 19:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 0.5Pi?
You could sure do that and the size would be very nice. But there would be no bass - even the Alpha 8 is pretty light in the bottom end. Of course, you can make the box larger and push the extension somewhat deeper. But even then, you can't go too far...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 24 November 2009 14:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Going without a subwoofer.... even with smaller drivers?
I only scanned through his approach, so I may have missed some detail. But in general, I think he's using an overdamped vented alignment, one that gives a gradual rolloff, much like a sealed alignment. I'm cool with that, it's a very forgiving alignmen...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 20 November 2009 18:00 «» By: Justin Morken
Re: 3Pi Satellite idea
Thanks for your feedback! I've heard of the Multisub concept before, and I guess I need to break old HT habits. I think I can find a way (with my receiver) to let the tops run full range. This will at least give me -6db @ 60hz. I know I can't have my ca...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 20 November 2009 15:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3Pi Satellite idea
I understand your desire to make the cabinets smaller. That's a worthy goal. And I think what you've described is probably pretty safe. However, I want to mention that you're not looking for crossover between subs and mains when used indoors, at least...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 18 October 2009 15:43 «» By: Marlboro
Re: Multisub explained
This schroeder frequency stuff is a little bit over my head. And adding more woofers around the room is simply not possible in this room due to other stuff that is there. While I was given the room for music, I don't have total control of it, and I have ...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 18 October 2009 11:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Multisub explained
I'd probably generally suggest crossing subs below 100Hz but in smaller rooms, sometimes a little higher crossover is merited for specific setups. This is part of the multisub approach, which distributes low frequency sound sources. By "low freque...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 17 October 2009 23:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Horn Loaded woofers
Outdoors, I prefer horn loaded subs because of the need for lots of sound. But indoors, I prefer a distributed multisub approach instead. I can get much better quality from four direct radiating subs placed around the room than a single or even two hor...
Pages (15): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15    »]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:27:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio