Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
169 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 31 March 2011 23:40 «» By: Wayne Parham
Options in a nutshell
It's all about the midrange, when you're talking differences between the JBL 2226 and the Eminence Omega 15 in the four Pi loudspeaker. The Omega 15 sounds very good, powerful yet still natural sounding. But it isn't as good as the JBL woofer. The 222...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 31 March 2011 23:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
three Pi speakers info
f3 = 50Hz f10 = 30Hz Add subs for extension and modal smoothing. I'm sure you saw this whitepaper already, but just in case: High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity LoudspeakersIt's a good short read that explains a lot of useful concepts used in the co...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 01 January 2011 10:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofers
Two subs are definitely better than one. I wouldn't suggest driving them with tubes. You could, but I think it's a waste. Wrong tool for the job, in my opinion. Use tubes for mains, solid state for subs. Use plate amps for the subs or press an old...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 13 April 2010 21:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi/ 4pi plans
Stands are good for raising the sound source, particularly for smaller speakers. I think it becomes less necessary with larger speakers, and sometimes I use stands that are short enough they are probably best called angled risers. But sometimes even la...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 02 November 2009 14:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Multisubs
I personally use a Class A FET amplifier, the ProFet amp from Selectronic. This requires a low-pass filter in front of the ProFet amp, and I have played with several types from passive line level filters to various off-the shelf devices. The one I ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 09 September 2009 21:40 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Multisubs with Seven Pi corner horns
Without the right corners, I'd go with the three π or four π models. That's what they're designed for. Of course, I'd suggest the optional JBL or AE woofers. I think you've seen from the measurements that there's no breakup up high with them and res...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 07 September 2009 21:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Multisubs with Seven Pi corner horns
Yes, I've used subs (actually multisubs) with cornerhorns. This is the best sound system I've ever heard, but you have to have a room with the right corners to do it. With my DI-matched two-ways, I usually run what I call "flanking subs" so...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 05 September 2009 09:22 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2-Pi Tower floorbounce
That's key - Floor bounce interference manifests itself not only by the distance from midwoofer to ground but also the distance from source to listener. At 6-8 feet, it's around 150Hz. The thing is, while you could smooth the notch with multiple soun...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 17 August 2009 15:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
four π speakers + multisubs
When I don't run subs, I always position the woofer close to the floor to avoid floor bounce. I recommend floor standing or angled risers or no more than a few inches, if subs aren't used. If subs are used, then I usually put the main speakers on a st...
Pages (17): [ «    2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:14:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio