Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
169 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 09 September 2011 10:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
three π verses four π
I tend to try and refrain from giving my subjective opinions on the comparisons between the JBL 2226 used in the four π speaker and the AE TD12S used in the three π speaker. I just think too highly of both models. I don't hesitate to point out the bene...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 03 September 2011 22:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: New HT - Need Advice on Speakers - 4pis or 7pis for main, 2pis, and what to use for bass
Answers by numbers: 1. The seven π cornerhorn is a constant directivity cornerhorn. The four π speaker is a matched-directivity two-way loudspeaker. The difference is that a constant directivity cornerhorn provides constant directivity from the Sch...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 24 August 2011 21:29 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Brainstorming my speaker strategy
You're definitely on the right track with the four π mains and multisubs. They are a significant upgrade over what you have right now. They're as loud as those Cerwin Vegas and much, much cleaner. No offense, those CVs are good party speakers with ple...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 21 August 2011 08:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Information about Pi Speakers
Read the material below, and then do some searches here on the forum to help you decide which model and upgrade options to get: High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity Loudspeakers Information about π Speakers Your decision should be based on room layout, d...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 19 August 2011 19:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4Pi Speaker Plans request
You've got mail! I would also suggest reading the material at these links for more information: High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity Loudspeakers Room modes, multisubs and flanking subs
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 09 August 2011 08:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Start with a standard Pi ...
Forget the mods unless you want to go through a complete design/test/refine/retest design cycle. I've spent literally hundreds of hours refining each model, and that's after three decades of developing this design type. It just doesn't make sense to th...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 04 August 2011 16:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofer hook-up
With a passive preamp, you pretty much have to use mains that have input adjustments in order to set the relative volume levels between mains and subs. This is true with active preamps too, if there is just one output. That's how I run mine - I have an...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 27 April 2011 14:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Room modes, multisubs and flanking subs
What sets the modal range apart from the reverberant range (also sometimes referred to as the statistical range) is the spacing between peaks and valleys. Up high, the interference is so dense it creates tightly spaced spikes. It looks like "grass...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 05 April 2011 15:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Room modes, multisubs and flanking subs
When I first considered the multisub approach, it was prompted by papers written by Todd Welti. He did several tests that showed in-room amplitude response could be made smoother using multiple subs, and gave specific guidance about placement. His favo...
10 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Sat, 02 April 2011 19:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofer AMP
Certainly, that will work just fine. Tap into the preamp signal going to the amp for your mains, and run it to a sub crossover. I've tried several crossovers, and had good results, some better than others. Ironically, the one I like best for multisubs...
Pages (17): [ «    2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17    »]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:16:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio