Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
169 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 18 April 2012 10:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi 7 Information
I've sent plans for the seven π cornerhorn. Curtains are particularly helpful for constant directivity cornerhorns. They tend to help most at HF, partly because lower frequencies are within 1/4λ of the wall and don't reflect, and partly because at hi...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 15 March 2012 13:59 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Request for plans
If you have the right corners, then constant directivity cornerhorns are definitely the way to go. But if you don't, then matched-directivity two-way speakers may be used with flanking subs to good effect. To learn more about each of these things, see ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 01 March 2012 14:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: High-pass on the 4pi?
I prefer second-order for flanking subs, low-passed between 80Hz and 120Hz. This assumes the subs will be within a few feet from the mains, as described in the Speaker placement and wavefront launch and room modes, multisubs and flanking subs threads. ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 24 February 2012 18:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Surround Sound With TV Over Fireplace
Don't put the mains on top of flanking subs because that defeats the purpose. They need to be a few feet behind, below and beside the mains. Each flanking subs needs to be between the main speaker it's flanking and the nearest boundaries, in all three ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 29 January 2012 00:16 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Another Sub woofer Q&A
Honestly, as long as the subwoofers you use are of good quality, it doesn't matter as much what brands and models you use. What matters more is their positions and low-pass slopes. The main thing is you shouldn't expect any single subwoofer to integrat...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 25 January 2012 19:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofer Crossover
The MiniDSP would work nicely, because you can use it to set whatever low-pass frequency and slope you want. I'd probably lean towards that since it gives you such flexibility. Sub crossovers are easier to dial-in than the crossovers inside the mains. ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 23 January 2012 18:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4pi plans and questions
You've got mail! Four π speakers are perfectly suited for soffit mounting, in wall, baffle flush. See the following thread: four π loudspeakers at NJCU sound labAs for the surround speakers, I really like using one π or two π speakers as surrounds. ...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 09 January 2012 19:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 or 4pi for HT LCR and flat-packs?
I'll send plans but first decide which model you prefer. There are some threads here that discuss the differences, so look through them, decide which model you want, and let me know. I'll send plans right out. 3π / 4π search resultsWe do not make flat...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 07 January 2012 14:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Consider constant directivity cornerhorns
I would actually suggest six π cornerhorns, since you are planning to put the mains in corners. A constant directivity cornerhorn is designed to be placed there, and maximizes the benefit of that configuration: Speaker placement and wavefront launchYou...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 07 January 2012 14:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: PA system using Three Pi as Mains and Three Pi Sub(s)
Definitely don't run a single sub in that space. You've gone to the trouble to build the room right but you'll throw all that out the window if you just use one sub. There's no way to make that room right in the modal region with just one sub. So defi...
Pages (17): [ «    2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17    »]

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:55:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio