Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
169 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 29 November 2012 14:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Flanking Subs vs Helper Woofers
You're right that home theater sound processors don't have any provisions that make flanking subs or distributed multisubs any easier. Honestly, the underlying philosophies and technologies most home theater processors are based on was developed before ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 05 October 2012 23:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Pi Speakers FAQ
The π Speakers forum has a wealth of information, and the search feature provides a way to access all of it easily. However, this page offers introductory answers to frequently asked questions about our line of loudspeakers and the design philosophies we...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 24 September 2012 14:06 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Six Pi Review
As an aside, measurements made in a trihedral corner outdoors naturally do not show room modes, the response down low is ruler-flat. But indoors, room modes take over and make hot spots and dead spots, causing ripples in response. I'm sure in your case...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 09 August 2012 09:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 7 PI Plans
Bass response of the seven π cornerhorns is the same as the four π speakers. What's different is the behaviour of sound at frequencies above midbass. The corner loading of the woofer and the midhorn prevent any self-interference from nearby boundaries,...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 07 August 2012 10:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 Pi and 4 Pi comparison
Well, the three π loudspeaker does offer greater extension. I think if I weren't planning to use a sub, I'd go with that. It sounds good without a sub, but please be mindful that flanking subs smooth room modes. That's even more important than the ext...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 04 August 2012 09:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: How does one emulate the typical theater sound?
You're absolutely right. With a projector and screen, you can put the center speaker behind the screen. That's definitely the best approach. When running a plasma or LCD screen though, I'd have to say I don't think there is a good center channel optio...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 21 July 2012 11:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi7 Mid Horn Question's
I'd bet a month's pay that your anomaly at 80Hz is from standing waves in the room, or more likely from a reflection from the wall behind the speakers. They are similar issues, both self-interference from room boundaries. Those kinds of issues are rea...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 21 June 2012 11:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4PI Cabinet plans / question
I do not think it is valid to consider sealed mains to be easier to integrate with multisubs. In fact, I'd say this presumption goes against the whole multisub concept, which is to blend sound sources having various phase relationships and physical loca...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 02 June 2012 10:30 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi Design Questions
The measurement above 200Hz is pretty much the same as a standard four π loudspeaker when measured in this manner. And yes, frankly, that's a very good chart. But below 200Hz, it's ambiguous because only room modes can be seen. That's where you would ...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 27 April 2012 10:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Baffle wall
A couple of posts about the subject of soffit mounting: 4Pi soffit mounting 3Pi wall baffleThere are a few linked pages in each of those threads. Be sure and read the content contained in each of the links because they describe the underlying issue - wh...
Pages (17): [ «    2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17    »]

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:25:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio