Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Home Theater «» Posted on: Sun, 30 October 2016 11:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Attaching a subwoofer
Look up multisubs and flanking subs.
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 29 October 2016 10:46 «» By: jonone
Re: Small speaker flanking sub limitations.
I know you don't normally filter your mains but would you run the same type of slope on the mains and the flanking subs? I.e both 12db lr or Bessel?
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 29 October 2016 10:30 «» By: Wayne Parham
I've had best results with low-order slopes. Second is what usually works best for me but I've even run first. I'll run third-order if I must, but that starts to be less effective. Fourth-order and higher are definitely harder to work with. The bal...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 27 October 2016 11:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Sure, that would probably work just fine. It would smooth the anomalies around 100-120Hz, which is where we usually find the self-interference notch from the wall behind the mains.
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 27 October 2016 09:10 «» By: jonone
So your suggesting crossing over to subs, effectively creating a three way and then having flanking subs as well? If the above is what you mean it definitely isn't going to happen in my room with my wife. Is there a reason why applying a high pass...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 27 October 2016 08:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
When mains are very small like that, you really need to use subs just to prevent over-excursion of the mains. If you want to use a flanking sub approach in that case, you really need two subs per side. The whole idea is to increase the number of soun...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 26 October 2016 15:08 «» By: jonone
Small speaker flanking sub limitations.
So my main speakers are quite small typical 6" plus 1" dome tweeter. I know the idea of running your mains full range with flanking subs is to have as many speakers overlapping as possible to help smooth the response. But if your speakers are ...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 23 October 2016 11:24 «» By: johnnycamp5
Re: Class d for flanking subs
In the past few years, I have read a lot about audiophiles who switch from tube amp to class d for their mains. Most claim that the bass sounds tighter, or has more "grip", while the midrange and high end suffer. I noticed a similar effect (...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 23 October 2016 10:29 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Class d for flanking subs
Any good quality amp is suitable for subs. Just be careful of clipping, as subs are particularly sensitive to high-frequency content. Their cooling systems require cone excursion to work.
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 21 October 2016 12:52 «» By: jonone
Re: Mono "flanking sub"
My new woofer has arrived, so I can use them as flanking subs, I've also had some new cabs made so they will be forward firing this time. The Amps ordered and the cabs are being sprayed, so I'm pretty much ready to rock.
Pages (50): [ «    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24    »]

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:28:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio