Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 13 May 2018 12:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3Pi Sub plans, and some other questions.
You've got mail! Vented and sealed subs are generally pretty tolerant of modifications. They are acoustically small, so standing waves don't setup inside. So basically, as long as the internal volume and port remain the same, you can expect performa...
2 Forum: LSAF «» Posted on: Thu, 10 May 2018 09:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: LSAF 2018
My room sounded great, especially for a hotel room. To be honest, I've done this show for nearly 20 years now, so I have it down. I know exactly where to put my speakers and how to setup the equipment. I always bring either seven π constant dire...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 08 March 2018 09:39 «» By: johnnycamp5
Re: Improvements
The floor can make a big difference. I had something like you describe once above a 2' crawl space with a floppy (spongy) floor. Until I could make the floor more solid, a bag of play sand on each speaker helped lol. I hope you had those flanking su...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 08 March 2018 09:09 «» By: Barryso
Improvements
A few month ago Wayne was helping me with an odd speaker issue. Long one short, the 2 Pi Towers sounded very different placed directly against the wall vs. being a few feet away from different wall (with flanking subs) in the same room. Of course there...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 01 March 2018 09:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Dead Spots
Yes, that is typical and it is the result of room modes. Read about multisubs and flanking subs. That's the way to get smooth bass which is uniform in all locations in the room. In the meantime, you may be able to mitigate the straight-on dead-spo...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 11 February 2018 10:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Are subwoofers worth it?
If you can tell the subs are on, you don't have 'em setup right. I used to prefer systems without subs until Todd Welti introduced the multisub concept in the early 2000s. I expanded upon it to include the concept of flanking subs. Both approaches s...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 01 February 2018 09:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 7pi plan and guidance request
If you have the right corners, I would suggest using the 2226 drivers in seven π constant directivity cornerhorns and make subwoofers from the 2242 drivers. Put the subs in opposite corners or somewhere distant from the cornerhorns, in a multisub config...
8 Forum: LSAF «» Posted on: Thu, 18 January 2018 09:37 «» By: Wayne Parham
LSAF 2018
Can you believe it's already 2018? So it's time to start getting ready for the Lone Star AudioFest! It's always the first weekend in May, so mark your calendar for May 4th, 5th and 6th. The registration link is online, so you can reserve your room...
9 Forum: Home Theater «» Posted on: Wed, 08 November 2017 10:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: The subwoofer volume and crossover
I agree with all of your observations. And, based on lots of experience, I can add a confirmation about your guess on the 24dB/octave slope not being right for flanking subs. That slope works great for distributed subs but just isn't right for flanking...
10 Forum: Home Theater «» Posted on: Wed, 08 November 2017 09:31 «» By: bsolof
Re: The subwoofer volume and crossover
Hi Wayne, Thanks for the detailed response. I started doing the sub tricks with old gear lying around the house. First it was two flanking subs (in mono) placed in between the 2 Pi Towers. Then added a small sub near the couch as a distributed su...
Pages (50): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Wed May 01 10:06:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio