Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 27 November 2018 13:51 «» By: vandevoordekoen
Re: Amp for 4pi speakers
Hi Wayne Thank you for your quick and helpful answer! You're right about the notch at 120hz. I always like to smooth the measurements a bit because it gives a good feeling. A less smoothed image of the measurement from listening position witho...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 27 November 2018 12:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Amp for 4pi speakers
It looks like you've done a very good job already, and I have no doubt you'll tweak your system further to make it even better still. Congratulations! You're "working with what you've got," which is what 90% of us have to do. High-qualit...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 27 November 2018 03:34 «» By: vandevoordekoen
Amp for 4pi speakers
Hello Thanks to Wayne, I've built a set of 4pi speakers a few years ago. However, the room acoustics of our living room are far from ideal. We have an L-shaped room and this is the best aesthetic speaker setup: The 4pi speakers aren't toed-in, ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 10 November 2018 11:32 «» By: johnnycamp5
Re: For Sale 4Pi Speakers
I agree with Barryso......the improvement is not subtle. I would try them approx. where your white boxes are in your pics. Right next to (and behind) your mains. Sometimes outside of them is better, but yours look pretty wide apart. The trick here is h...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 10 November 2018 10:40 «» By: Barryso
You should try Wayne's multi sub trick. It takes things up a level or two. I've been playing with flanking subs and a distributed (rear) sub with a pair of 2 Pi Towers. The addition of the subs, setup as Wayne suggests, takes the sound quality up quit...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 09 November 2018 16:58 «» By: johnnycamp5
That's true. And still they'd not likely be as good overall. The dynamics and uniform directivity are hard to beat. Are you running flanking subs? It really was the icing on the cake for me lol. I've had a few different types of loudspeakers over the...
7 Forum: Home Theater «» Posted on: Fri, 26 October 2018 10:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Is a home theatre system really necessary?
You might expound upon what you mean by "actual home theater system." My personal definition is any audio/video system that is setup to play movies. Many of them double as music playback systems for their owners. So from this definition,...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 10 October 2018 21:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 7pi vs 8pi
Facing the woofer towards the corner allows it to be acoustically close to the corner. This allows the walls to act as a source boundary - something like vertical ground planes - rather than as reflectors. The goal is to make the sound source(s) act ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 24 September 2018 09:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Will it work? Audio in conservatorie?
You can use seven π cornerhorns with distributed multisubs or four π mains with flanking subs and possibly one or two distributed multisubs. Either setup will work for you in that room, and I think they'll sound pretty good. I always prefer constant di...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 08 September 2018 20:35 «» By: Symphonimind
3Pi & 3Pi Sub Plans request
Dear Wayne, After thinking carefully for a while, I decided that I want to go with 3Pi and 3pi Subs in flanking subs config as you recommended. Can you please share with me the plans? Thank you a lot.
Pages (50): [ «    5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20    »]

Current Time: Wed May 01 10:20:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio