Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 19 May 2019 08:57 «» By: johnnycamp5
Re: Pi speaker arrangement.
I finally got to working on the mid horn enclosures. For a year or so they sat in my garage under a moving blanket like this (while I slowly rebuilt my homes foundation)- A few weeks ago I finally got to creating some enclosures- Last week I painte...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 17 May 2019 18:51 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi Plans Please
Suggestion: Do a little research on the Pi Speakers FAQ to decide which model you prefer. Then let me know and I'll send plans. Here are the basic similarities and differences in a nutshell: Both models have similar spectral balance, as all model...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 17 May 2019 09:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Three Pi performance at low volumes
It's not an issue if you incorporate flanking subs, which also solve the problem of self-interference from nearest boundaries and room modes at the higher end of the modal region.
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 29 April 2019 08:59 «» By: johnnycamp5
Re: Passive radiator flanking sub/woofer.
Hello. I have experience with one brand of passive radiator sub- Many years ago I started with one, and then built another (passive radiator) sub, for flanking 4pi mains. They were a 12" Scan-speak diy kit. I'm recalling the suggested enclosure...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 24 April 2019 10:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Passive radiator flanking sub/woofer.
The only special requirement of a flanking sub is that it be able to reproduce quality sound up to 200Hz or so. Traditionally, subwoofers are only used below 100Hz but flanking subs are used nearly an octave higher than that.
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 23 April 2019 13:56 «» By: jonone
Passive radiator flanking sub/woofer.
Hi haven't been on the forum for a while.... This is a question kind of for Wayne if you don't mind answering. But anyone is free to give the opinion. At the moment I'm using a 2 way speaker with stereo subs below and overlapping the crossover up to 150h...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 22 April 2019 12:57 «» By: johnnycamp5
Re: Pi speaker arrangement.
Thanks. I spray foamed the entire underside of the decking (ceiling between floor joists) with diy open cell foam, then installed the ultra-touch (cotton) insulation over that. With the entire ceiling acting as a broad band absorer, It doesn't sound b...
8 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Sun, 21 April 2019 10:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Improving acoustics in living room
The "most valuable change" is the one that provides the most benefit. That wasn't meant as an impertinent reply, but rather to highlight the fact that different environments have different problems. The most common problems indoors are rela...
9 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 16 April 2019 08:43 «» By: jtwrace
JBL M2 Setup
I recently moved to a new space and have been putting my system back together which consists of the below. I'm going to add some flanking subs to start, then distributed subs. I'll post some measurements as the starting point once I get further down the ...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 13 March 2019 13:12 «» By: Mabob
Re: 3 Pi plans
Thanks for the Six Pi plans and nice words about my build! I really like the way they look on the stands and I'm sure I would be satisfied with this setup after adding flanking subs. What stops me going down that road at the moment is that I would have...
Pages (50): [ «    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18    »]

Current Time: Wed May 01 17:34:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio