Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
105 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 02 November 2009 14:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Multisubs
I personally use a Class A FET amplifier, the ProFet amp from Selectronic. This requires a low-pass filter in front of the ProFet amp, and I have played with several types from passive line level filters to various off-the shelf devices. The one I ...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 18 October 2009 11:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Multisub explained
I'd probably generally suggest crossing subs below 100Hz but in smaller rooms, sometimes a little higher crossover is merited for specific setups. This is part of the multisub approach, which distributes low frequency sound sources. By "low freque...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 05 September 2009 13:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi push pull slot loaded subwoofers?
The only subwoofer I offer with push-pull drive is the 12π hornsub. I thought about making a seven π bass bin with push-pull drive, but as I studied the concept in detail, using measurements to guide my design choices, I realized it wouldn't offer as ...
4 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Mon, 30 March 2009 17:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Active Sub Crossover
On a lark, I purchased an active subwoofer crossover module a few months back. I was looking at options to plate amps, something that would allow me to use one of my many existing amplifiers with subs. My thinking was that plate amps are fine, but I al...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 23 January 2009 18:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Single sub bad - multi subs good
I agree with you about running subs and mains as stereo pairs. If outdoors or in a very large room, I'd also agree about keeping subs and mains within 1/4λ at the crossover point. That's essentially what you're saying, I think, when you talk about being...
Pages (11): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11]

Current Time: Mon May 06 19:47:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio