Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
445 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 11 December 2009 08:20 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: What Exactly Is A Waveguide?
Waveguides are horns that use smooth contours like quadratic or oblate spheroidal flare profiles. They do not use diffraction as a wave shaping device. Their advantage is their lack of sharp edges within the flare, as those create discontinuities that ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 05 November 2009 10:50 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: pictures 4 pi speakers
Yeah, I was kind of wondering the same thing. It's a pretty common theme on this forum, much like the eWave thread, for people to make mods and sort of roll their own. I'm all about DIY, so I support it as much as I can. For example, look through the ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 01 October 2009 07:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: pi with tractrix
Some people have done this sort of thing, but it isn't really in the spirit of the design because it isn't constant directivity. You'll really need a different crossover for best results with that sort of horn.
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 05 September 2009 13:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi push pull slot loaded subwoofers?
The only subwoofer I offer with push-pull drive is the 12π hornsub. I thought about making a seven π bass bin with push-pull drive, but as I studied the concept in detail, using measurements to guide my design choices, I realized it wouldn't offer as ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 02 August 2009 15:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Constant directivity, compression drivers and crossovers
The R1/R2/C1 network is something I came up with a long time ago, and it is designed to produce an initial shelf of flat response followed by a second region where network output increases 6dB/octave to conjugate the mass rolloff slope of the driver (as ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 02 August 2009 12:42 «» By: Russellc
Wayne, all of this is very informative and I've been studying the links to the various documents you've included. In terms of the "core splitter" and setting the dampning and so forth, I have a question. Looking at the differences in the 3 PI f...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 July 2009 09:54 «» By: Wayne Parham
I've made a few comments on other audio discussion boards but I keep the real meat and potatoes here. Most of what I say on other audio sites is just a regurgitation of things I've said here for years. On the thread you're talking about on DIYaudio...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 July 2009 08:32 «» By: Russellc
Yes, I just got through reading a bunch of the posts you made on the diyaudio forum horns vs waveguides and answered a bunch of my own questions, many in the link you provided there, as well as here. Thanks again. Russellc
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 26 July 2009 21:54 «» By: Wayne Parham
Constant directivity, compression drivers and crossovers
There are a few things that may conspire to create a ~3kHz peak in a CD horn with a 1" exit driver. One is that's just below where compression driver mass rolloff starts. Another is the possibility of a pipe mode, some horns have one at the bottom...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 10 July 2009 12:20 «» By: Russellc
Re: (Now they're REALLY) Finished Pi 4 with photos
I know this message is getting a little old, but I remember you I believe from the Econowave thread. I have a very similar project, the same JBL 4507 cabs, I did have JBL 2225H in there which is very similar to the 2226H, but have changed to the 2235H dr...
Pages (45): [ «    19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34    »]

Current Time: Fri May 17 16:16:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio