Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
445 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 30 June 2010 18:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: How Many Speakers For A Home Theater System?
The left, right and center front speakers should all be the same. This is often difficult to do, since the front speakers have to be positioned at approximately the same height as the screen. That makes center speaker configuration and placement diffic...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 17 June 2010 16:38 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: More HornResponse
The throat area (40cm2) is much larger than your original model (13cm2). So that's good, and I'd be more comfortable with it. It's basically a 2.5" square hole. I may have gone a little larger, but I am fairly conservative with paper cones becaus...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 16 June 2010 18:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4pi benefits
Actually, as much as I like the Altec 811 horn, there's no way to get the polar response right, or even close. You can make the on-axis response right, but not off-axis. So you have to sit with the speakers directly facing you for them to sound good. ...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 13 June 2010 17:59 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2.5 way using two JBL 2226J with B&C DE 250 & H290 horn
A few thoughts: First, a minor clarification. The H290 is not a BiRadial horn. "BiRadial" is a JBL trademark and it is a constant directivity design that has a diffraction slot in the throat. The H290 is a radial horn that provides consta...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 07 June 2010 12:58 «» By: badman
Re: Open Baffle or none at all?
None at all gets you about the best constant directivity performance, but you wind up with a bare minimum of bottom end. You'd need a good highpass filter for the 15" coax midtweet, something like 200Hz.
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 30 May 2010 11:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 Pi Build
Something is not right. This model is one of the smoothest of the line. You didn't say what horn you were using, but remember that these designs are specific to the parts called out in the plans. You can't necessarily substitute parts without design c...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 28 May 2010 10:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: XO for OB 2-way
It looks like a two-way speaker with direct radiating (open baffle) midwoofer, a helper woofer and CD horn tweeter. If so, the crossover is very similar to what you would do for a box design. The dipole sets the pattern down low and through the lower...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 22 April 2010 13:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Toe-in and cabinet shape
Remember that the π cornerhorn is designed for placement that enforces the 45° toe-in orientation. It offers the benefits of improved imaging and coverage, constant directivity through the entire audio band from the Schroeder frequency up. This placeme...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 16 March 2010 18:29 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi and 7 Pi bass response- More similar or different?
If you have the right corners, then sure, seven π cornerhorns are better, definitely. They have two big advantages, first is the corner sets the pattern constant all the way down in frequency, clear down to the Schroeder frequency. This is where room...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 16 March 2010 14:14 «» By: krikor
Re: Just scored a pair of 3pi speakers!
Since last Thursday? Still VERY happy. I put the MG1.6s back in the mix on Sunday and was surprised when I found myself itching to get back to the 3Pi. The Maggies strike me as having a more extended and clearer top end, and definitely more oompf d...
Pages (45): [ «    17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32    »]

Current Time: Mon May 13 21:05:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio