Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
445 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 December 2010 09:07 «» By: Norris Wilson
Re: Constant directivity verses on-axis EQ for non-uniform directivity (aka baffle step filters)
Thanks Wayne for including your white paper here to Bill's thread. I really liked the form and simplicity in your examples. It was even simple enough for me to follow. Norris
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 26 December 2010 22:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Constant directivity verses on-axis EQ for non-uniform directivity (aka baffle step filters)
I'm not a proponent of baffle step compensation, at least not for physically large speakers like mine. This is especially true for speakers that have constant directivity because baffle step is caused by a directivity change. If a speaker has constant ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 15 December 2010 19:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Soffit (Flush Mount) Reference Speakers
I would suggest simply building the speakers as designed and mounting them in the wall. If you can close the gap so the wall is the baffle, that's great but as long as the gap is small it is acoustically invisible. Radiating into half-space does incr...
4 Forum: General «» Posted on: Sun, 28 November 2010 10:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Origins of Power
Loudspeakers are moved by the interaction of the fixed magnet and the voice coil's magnetic field. The voice coil is an electromagnet and its strength is directly proportional to current. Current is directly proportional to voltage, so you can really t...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 November 2010 22:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: horn for 2 inch driver
There are a bunch of good horns for 2" drivers. But to tell the truth, since I don't use any of them in my designs, I can't give you a specific recommendation. I personally prefer constant directivity horns but I stay away from horns with sharp ed...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 28 October 2010 15:04 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi2 and woofer directivity
The one π, two π and two π tower speakers are popular for three reasons: (1) They sound good, (2) are inexpensive and (3) efficient. They provide plenty of good, balanced sound with little power input and they don't cost a lot. Their impedance curve i...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 13 October 2010 22:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Crossover configuration
Any compression driver on a CD horn will be much louder below 4kHz, which is where mass-rolloff starts. Another thing I see pretty often, a common symptom of many conical horns and waveguides, is some quarter-wave peaking down low. This increases ampli...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 07 October 2010 09:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Comparing components verses comparing systems
When swapping horns, if their size is similar (HxWxD) and their directivity characteristics are similar, then they are at least in the same ballpark. There may be some specific details that require attention, and some crossover changes may be required. ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 05 September 2010 20:35 «» By: rkeman
3 Pi Review
Introduction The life of an audiophile is often complicated and filled with frustration. Several years ago I relocated and left behind a dedicated listening room with superb acoustics that seemed to bring out the best in any speaker. My new listening ro...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 02 July 2010 15:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Crossover optimization for DI-matched two-way speakers, revisited
I usually fine-tune the position of the forward lobe by adjusting the low-pass circuit slightly. I know within about 10° where the centerline of the forward lobe will be before I start, because of mathematical models or previous design efforts or both. ...
Pages (45): [ «    16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31    »]

Current Time: Tue May 14 16:02:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio