Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
445 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 16 January 2011 13:31 «» By: eurasian
7Pi plans please
I have been inspired by your constant directivity white paper and would like to try your 7Pi horn. I already have JBL 2226 woofers, btw. Do your plans come with a crossover schematic? Many thanks, Eurasian
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 06 January 2011 16:37 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Help with tweeter to woofer distance please
With direct radiators, closer is better in almost all cases. The thing you have to juggle is the fore/aft spacing and crossover phase. With first-order, it's a pretty good rule of thumb to align the voice coils on direct radiators but that only really ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 05 January 2011 09:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: pi seven top horns?
Maybe you misunderstood. What I have said is that wood is aesthetically pleasant, but that I do not think the wood is necessarily better for acoustics, just better looking. Wood can be machined, so the CNC/wood approach is perfectly suitable for sm...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 03 January 2011 13:54 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: pi seven top horns?
The bass bin of the π cornerhorn has remained unchanged since it was introduced in 1980, but the midrange and tweeter have changed over the years. I've used direct radiating mids and horn-loaded mids, and for a few years even experimented with making th...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 29 December 2010 19:20 «» By: Bill Epstein
Re: Constant directivity verses on-axis EQ for non-uniform directivity (aka baffle step filters)
In addition to everything technical I learned from The Spkrman I also got his listening room decorating advice: not so much that I needed to be able to return the tweets if they didn't perform but, rather that, the BLUE TAPE has that certain je ne s...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 29 December 2010 16:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity Loudspeakers Whitepaper
I've written a whitepaper on waveguides and constant directivity loudspeakers available at the link below. Seems like I've often gotten the same questions and comments over the years, and I've tended to reply with a list of links to documents and messag...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 29 December 2010 08:58 «» By: spkrman57
Re: Constant directivity verses on-axis EQ for non-uniform directivity (aka baffle step filters)
You have come a long way Bill! Everyone keeps progressing while I stay in my comfort zone playing around with variations of 3 Pi and 4 Pi systems! Right now I'm running EV SP-12's in 2.5 cu ft ported cabs with 500hz Edgars on top. I used the 3 pi cro...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 29 December 2010 06:32 «» By: Norris Wilson
You are funny Bill. Thanks for the laugh, I needed that after all of the holiday cheer. Norris
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 December 2010 22:11 «» By: Bill Epstein
Wayne knows that, even after those ten years, he has to keep it simple or I'll be asking about resistors lying on the beach! http://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=34518&&srch=resistors+on+the+beach#msg_34518 ...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 December 2010 10:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Glad it was helpful. I hope it made sense and wasn't too abstract. I find myself getting a lot of the same questions and comments over the years, and I tend to link to past posts in reply. I had a list of about a dozen posts that sort of covered the...
Pages (45): [ «    15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30    »]

Current Time: Thu May 09 23:45:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio