Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
445 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 26 October 2011 21:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Constant Directivity Speakers Using DSP
As you know, this is a design approach that I'm very experienced with. The Econowave borrows heavily from my designs, and I see the builders of those speakers as kindred spirits. In fact, the configuration you describe is exactly the same as my three π...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 26 October 2011 20:43 «» By: Bill Wassilak
Re: Constant Directivity Speakers Using DSP
Fred said: The only issue I've found is that the tweeters with no L-Pad are so sensitive that they pick up an audible sustained "sssssss" sound from the amp. I would imagine at room filling volume levels I'm probably using less than one watt from...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 26 October 2011 18:19 «» By: AudioFred
Constant Directivity Speakers Using DSP
Lately I've been experimenting with a dbx Driverack PA+ loudspeaker management system. The PA+ is an amazing signal processor that retails for $500. Many audiophiles would sneer at the idea of introducing a $500 product into the signal path of a high end s...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 20 October 2011 09:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 6 Pi
As you know, the response of the three π loudspeaker is very smooth and distortion is low. But so is the six π cornerhorn, and it has the advantage of true constant directivity, with reflection-free wavefront propogation. That's a real big deal. One...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 16 October 2011 12:00 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: What center channel speaker with 7π's?
With the corners that close together, I'd probably not use a center channel. Imaging from constant directivity cornerhorns is magical in rooms like that. They're kind of like really large headphones, making the illusion of sound source locations spread...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 16 October 2011 08:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: AE Drivers
I've always noted my fondness of the constant directivity cornerhorns, saying things like "nothing else can beat this setup." I feel quite strongly that it is the best configuration possible for home hifi or home theater. The only downside is...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 12 October 2011 12:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Speaker placement and wavefront launch
Absolutely, the woofer in a constant directivity cornerhorn runs up to around ~300Hz, with a gradual first-order rolloff. It overlaps with the midhorn from 100Hz to 300Hz, smoothing the vertical modes. It gives a full, rich body to the fundamentals in ...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 12 October 2011 00:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Most of the dipole and planar folks I know tout the side-cancelling nature as helping reduce side wall reflections. This is true, since they have what is effectively about 120° radiation, and there is very little radiating straight out to the sides. ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 11 October 2011 23:52 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 7pi cabinet plan request
If you don't have good acoustic measurement gear and experience using it, don't attempt a crossover (re)design. I've put a lot of time into these designs, and the crossovers are optimized to as close to pefection as is possible. I don't want to disco...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 08 October 2011 23:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
It's neat stuff. The thing is, when you have constant directivity cornerhorns setup, you really get to hear what constant directivity sounds like. The sound field is uniform through the entire audio band, and the wavefront is unperturbed. Nothing else...
Pages (45): [ «    10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25    »]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:17:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio