Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
445 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 11 November 2011 14:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 6PI vs 7PI
Almost no difference. Above 100Hz, the two speakers are virtually identical in sound character and quality. Their directivity patterns are similar, their spectral balance is similar, in all respects, they are very much the same. The differences below 1...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 09 November 2011 12:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 6 Pi
That will work. Obviously, we'd prefer a symmetrical pair of corners, but that's enough wall space to form waveguides for the range that matters - the range above the Schroeder frequency. Below that, room modes set the pattern anyway. Put subs in oppo...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 02 November 2011 11:01 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Super Tweeters
First, a technical answer then a more actionable one: At high frequencies, pretty much everything indoors acts like multiple subs. This is called dense interference. The reverberent field is charged with an infinite number of tightly spaced phase re...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 02 November 2011 05:36 «» By: AudioFred
Re: Constant Directivity Speakers Using DSP
Thanks, Wayne. I've never seen all these issues summarized in one place before. This will be very helpful.
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 01 November 2011 22:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Thanks for your comments. I took a few minutes to write-up some notes about the design process for a speaker like this, regardless of what kind of crossover is used (active, passive, analog or digital). Notes for the DIYerI am able to get very good on-...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 01 November 2011 20:48 «» By: AudioFred
The final verdict is that the speakers sound better using the active crossover. Getting it right took quite a bit of experimenting, but this is much easier with a fully adjustable active crossover than it would have been substituting parts in a passive cro...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 01 November 2011 17:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Notes for the DIYer
Several new loudspeaker projects have been started that are similar to my three π and four π loudspeakers. So I'm getting lots of PMs and posts asking what I'd do about this and what I think about that. Most seem to be concerned with the crossover, thi...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 28 October 2011 22:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3D Sound
I've done that. In fact, I did it for a whole summer one year when I was young. I really liked it, because it's pretty much a transformation of the stereo speakers into overgrown headphones. Cool effect. But like I said, it limits the listening spot ...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 27 October 2011 07:53 «» By: Wayne Parham
Very good. Sounds like you're well on your way to creating an excellent system!
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 27 October 2011 07:16 «» By: AudioFred
Thanks, Wayne and Bill, for the feedback. The tweeter issue is solved. Each amp has a volume control, and I turned the tweeter amp's volume down and readjusted the dbx's tweeter attenuation to compensate. The hiss I described would be inaudible with the ty...
Pages (45): [ «    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24    »]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:37:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio