Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
445 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 26 January 2012 08:06 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofer Crossover
I wouldn't set it for auto-equalization unless you connect an array of microphones that sample several points in the room. But you could surely use more than one microphone, and then I think it would work pretty well. You just don't want it to EQ b...
2 Forum: Home Theater «» Posted on: Thu, 12 January 2012 23:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Drapes or Curtains
Curtains (or drapes) are effective at very high frequencies, but not lower. I find them to be useful for catching the "grazing blow" of the ipsilateral wall reflection of a speaker toed-in 45°, but only at high-frequencies. It's a very specia...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 07 January 2012 16:45 «» By: themilford
Re: Consider constant directivity cornerhorns
The Cornerhorns seem like such a cool idea... however when we tour I plan to grab one of the Three Pis and use it as a keyboard monitor cabinet... Also when we play smaller venues we will sometimes need to bring our PA... The mounting as such in the studio...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 07 January 2012 14:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: PA system using Three Pi as Mains and Three Pi Sub(s)
If mounted that high, I would turn them upside down, yes. I have a few club installs done that way. Also, you can run constant directivity cornerhorns upside down too. Mount the bass bin against the ceiling, bolt it into the studs. See my other rep...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 07 January 2012 14:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Consider constant directivity cornerhorns
I would actually suggest six π cornerhorns, since you are planning to put the mains in corners. A constant directivity cornerhorn is designed to be placed there, and maximizes the benefit of that configuration: Speaker placement and wavefront launchYou...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 05 January 2012 09:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: how'd we get here (or where is this)?
No offense taken. Comparisons with other loudspeakers are common, especially Altec and Klipsch. Each has a lot in common. My designs are more refined, but that's because they're more modern and I could take advantage or better drivers and better desig...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 03 January 2012 08:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2Pi Off-Axis Response
These don't have horns and weren't designed for constant directivity so I didn't record off-axis measurements every 10° like I do with my larger uniform directivity designs. But I have, of course, measured off-axis casually and can tell you that the hor...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 31 December 2011 18:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: how'd we get here (or where is this)?
Yeah, you're right. I found this path three decades ago and never looked back. There are other design types that have come and gone, the darlings of the day for audiophiles. But in this approach, I've never wavered. It's the best way to build loudspe...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 29 November 2011 14:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Notes for the DIYer
As most of you know, I've been building CD/waveguide speakers like these for over 30 years. My first models all used a simple crossover, and we continued to build them that way through most of the 1980s. I always have tended to embrace Occam's Razor wh...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 25 November 2011 11:16 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 7pi plans
It's totally room dependant. The room sets the response below about 200Hz. And since they are designed to be used in corners, there is really no way to decouple the room response from the speaker response. If you wanted to know how they would sound ...
Pages (45): [ «    8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23    »]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:03:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio