Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
445 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 24 February 2012 18:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Surround Sound With TV Over Fireplace
Don't put the mains on top of flanking subs because that defeats the purpose. They need to be a few feet behind, below and beside the mains. Each flanking subs needs to be between the main speaker it's flanking and the nearest boundaries, in all three ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 24 February 2012 12:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Midrange Horn
I designed one, but it's really too large for home hifi use. Especially since corner placement allows for a much smaller horn to be used. That's the direction I went with the midhorn - It is used on my constant directivity cornerhorns, and its output b...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 23 February 2012 20:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Grills for your 4pi? 1pi?
That speaker looks great! I have some black one π speakers too, but I cheated and veneered them in formica. I've only ever had to cover the midwoofer for club installs, because they've all been three π, four π and hornsubs. The drivers aren't expose...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 16 February 2012 16:00 «» By: miamiwood
1Pi - 2Pi plans
Hi Wayne, Have been following the "Constant Directivity" threads on all the forums. Was contemplating "Econowaves" but the more I read, I have decided the completeness of your designs and knowledgeable support are the way to go. ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 08 February 2012 09:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Need help on 4Pi speakers
Answers by numbers: 1. These speakers sound good even in very small rooms. I've had a pair in a small bedroom for years, and they sound great. It's also the size of the rooms at trade shows, which are less than ideal, of course, but our room sounds...
6 Forum: Dungeon «» Posted on: Tue, 07 February 2012 17:10 «» By: AudioFred
Re: Presidential Hopefuls
I've decided to run as an independent candidate. My motto is "A tube amp and a pair of constant directivity speakers in every listening room". These will be free for everybody who is legally in the US. A new tax on rich speaker manufacturers and ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 31 January 2012 00:22 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: horns for a small room
Yes, the six π and the seven π are both constant directivity cornerhorns. They are not dipoles. I was suggesting that you use them instead of open baffle speakers. Looks like constant directivity cornerhorns would work nicely for you, one on each side...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 30 January 2012 21:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: horns for a small room
You could use six π or seven π cornerhorns in that room. The room is probably a bit small, but in spite of that, your layout is actually is pretty good for constant directivity cornerhorns. And while they are large speakers, being tucked back into corn...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 30 January 2012 07:54 «» By: feket663
Re: Another Sub woofer Q&A
Thanks Wayne! I think I found my driver: http://www.stx.pl/product/attachment/99b5b71954ed6694014cbedd15658d25/pl_PL/SW-STX-15-4-1200-8-F-S-MC.pdf
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 29 January 2012 17:22 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Another Sub woofer Q&A
There are lots of good subwoofer drivers on the market. I use an OEM driver that is very similar to the LAB12, machined to fit my cooling plug. So naturally that's the best driver for me to use. But it could almost be considered a commodity part. Dir...
Pages (45): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:04:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio