Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
445 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 07 May 2012 15:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: The right waveguide
As much as I like the Econowave concept, which is a derivative of my three Pi and four Pi loudspeakers, it is no match for constant directivity cornerhorns. The problem is not every room has the right corners. So for rooms that can't support constant dir...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 24 April 2012 14:50 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi 7 Information
I guess I'm not much help, maybe proud papa or something, because I always thought the cornerhorns were the coolest looking speakers I ever made. The cradled wood horn tweeter on top is the pièce de résistance for me. Even when done with a plastic wave...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 18 April 2012 10:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
I've sent plans for the seven π cornerhorn. Curtains are particularly helpful for constant directivity cornerhorns. They tend to help most at HF, partly because lower frequencies are within 1/4λ of the wall and don't reflect, and partly because at hi...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 18 April 2012 05:26 «» By: Jeff D
Hi Wayne, thank you for the reading material. It is excellent as is all the information you provide. I don't pretend to understand it all but hope to improve. Provided the windows mentioned are not a real problem and that the crossing of the forward s...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 17 April 2012 14:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
Read the material at the following two links: High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity Loudspeakers Speaker placement and wavefront launchAsk yourself the following two questions: 1. Is there at least six feet of unobstructed wall space from the apex of ea...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 11 April 2012 13:34 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi Woofer / Horn Vertical Spacing
Look at the response charts: three π loudspeaker performance dataYou'll notice the vertical nulls are centered at approximately 35° above and 25° below the centerline. That's a 60° spread. Even the spacing between the inside edges of the nulls is furt...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 21 March 2012 08:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Request for plans
The woofer is in the bass bin. It is rear-facing in the constant directivity cornerhorns. Does that answer your question?
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 18 March 2012 20:59 «» By: Wayne Parham
Horn/Waveguide dimensions and beamwidth
Conical and Oblate Spheroidal 90° Flares This shows a cross-section of a conical flare and of an oblate spheroidal flare. It might help to visualize the relationship between mouth size and length for both flare shapes. The conical flare is used in ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 15 March 2012 13:59 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Request for plans
If you have the right corners, then constant directivity cornerhorns are definitely the way to go. But if you don't, then matched-directivity two-way speakers may be used with flanking subs to good effect. To learn more about each of these things, see ...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 01 March 2012 14:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: High-pass on the 4pi?
I prefer second-order for flanking subs, low-passed between 80Hz and 120Hz. This assumes the subs will be within a few feet from the mains, as described in the Speaker placement and wavefront launch and room modes, multisubs and flanking subs threads. ...
Pages (45): [ «    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    »]

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:00:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio