Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
445 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 18 December 2012 11:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: speaker location and type
Speakers in corners don't need flanking subs, but they do still benefit from more distant distributed subs. I don't think I'd put a sub immediately below the corner speakers, because then you would have two bass sound sources in the corners, which is a ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 29 November 2012 15:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Flanking Subs vs Helper Woofers
I think that's a fine approach. What you are suggesting essentially is to use high-efficiency woofers both for midwoofers and for helper woofers. Blend them together in the modal region, but low-pass the helper woofer to prevent it from developing any ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 24 November 2012 08:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: L/C/R placement and toe-in
Point the center straight forward. The sound everywhere within the forward lobe is the same, so it isn't more shrill on-axis or more laid back off-axis, provided you are within the 90°x40° forward lobe. That's one of the benefits of constant directivit...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 08 November 2012 15:45 «» By: Wayne Parham
π Constant Directivity Cornerhorn: Bass Bin Design Details
I did consider making the bass bin of my constant directivity cornerhorns using a folded horn, like the 12π hornsub. But upon careful considerations, I found a lot of disadvantages in that approach. These considerations are described in some detail in ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 08 November 2012 14:21 «» By: rkeman
π Constant Directivity Cornerhorn: Bass Bin Design Details
Has there ever been any interest in expanding on the 6Pi or 7Pi by incorporating a folded horn woofer to complement the horn loaded midrange and tweeter? The low end would probably be less extended than the current designs, but the sensitivity would rise a...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 07 November 2012 14:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2Pi's completed - now I want a center channel
Those are great looking speakers, congratulations! You can use a one Pi as a center where you have one π, two π or two π towers as left/right mains. There is enough spectral match between the three. However, do not lay it on its side or use any sort...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 21 October 2012 13:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 6 pi plan request
Sorry, but all my designs use 1" compression drivers and the midhorn in the constant directivity cornerhorns uses a 10" driver.
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 05 October 2012 23:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Pi Speakers FAQ
The π Speakers forum has a wealth of information, and the search feature provides a way to access all of it easily. However, this page offers introductory answers to frequently asked questions about our line of loudspeakers and the design philosophies we...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 24 September 2012 15:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Six Pi Review
Understood and agreed. I think most people familiar with the multisub concept know that the more bass speakers you use, the smoother the modal range becomes. And under 100Hz, it almost doesn't matter where you put the woofers if you have four or more...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 24 September 2012 14:06 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Six Pi Review
As an aside, measurements made in a trihedral corner outdoors naturally do not show room modes, the response down low is ruler-flat. But indoors, room modes take over and make hot spots and dead spots, causing ripples in response. I'm sure in your case...
Pages (45): [ «    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    »]

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:06:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio