Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
445 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Movies & Music «» Posted on: Sat, 09 March 2013 16:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Supertramp: Live in Paris '79
I'm in a sentimental mood today. If you're 50 or older but still feel like 25, relate. It's 1979, and there is no internet, no cell phones and no personal computers anywhere. IBM formally stated that they were not interested in desktop comuters - that...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 28 February 2013 16:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Hi and a Few Questions
I remember you Michael. Seems like you were considering various compression ratios for constant directivity cornerhorn bass bins at one time. Did you ever build any with higher compression back then? Is that what was in the photos on you link? Answ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 10 February 2013 21:34 «» By: dheflin44
Re: Downfiring flanking subs ??
Andy, Thanks, I didn't download the program you linked, but I did use the following percent sag formula from the Parts-Express website: Percentage of Sag = 24,849 / ( Xmax * Fs²) The resulting sag for the 12" Ultimax is 2.1% which should b...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 10 February 2013 16:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Downfiring flanking subs ??
Corner placement usually works pretty well, and you could then also put distributed subs in the opposing corners for modal smoothing at lower frequencies. But I think you'll probably want the subs acoustic center out about a foot or two from the corne...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 10 February 2013 10:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 6π bass driver question
That's very true. The upgraded midwoofera are much more important in the matched-directivity two-ways than they are in the constant directivity cornerhoirns. But it isn't entirely a meaningless upgrade for the cornerhorns. The woofer in the bass bin...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 01 February 2013 15:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Flanking Subs vs Helper Woofers
I would agree (and expect) some differences in details, but I'm not sure how significant those details are. At least, less significant than the main idea, which is to use multiple sound sources spread apart spatially, and to use EQ, where appropriate fo...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 30 January 2013 19:07 «» By: rkeman
Re: Anyone Gone From A Planar Type Speaker To 4Pi's
The Magnepan MG-1.5, MG-1.6, MMG-W, and MGMC-3 have graced my system for a significant period in the past. The dipole radiation pattern of the Magnepans ameliorates room interactions somewhat similarly to the constant directivity designs offered by Pi Spea...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 14 January 2013 17:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofers vs budget... where do you draw the line?
If I have DI-matched two-way speakers, I always start with flanking subs. I mean, you can run the speakers with no subs at all if you're making an apartment system or something like that, but if we're talking stepping up a notch or two, start with flank...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 14 January 2013 12:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Looking for some Pi advice for theater ...
Looking at your floor plan, I think constant directivity cornerhorns would work fine. The things you need most are unobstructed wall space from the apex of the corner and distance between corners that allows the axes to cross in front of the listening p...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 12 January 2013 22:38 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3-Pi directivity
I think what you're seeing is the wide-angle off-axis curves fall off more rapidly above 2kHz. It is apparent in the 50° response curve, and while they aren't shown, this is even more noticeable in the response curves taken further off-axis, outside the...
Pages (45): [ «    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18    »]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:54:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio