Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
366 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pro Sound «» Posted on: Wed, 31 January 2007 10:37 «» By: Thermionic
Re: 65 Fender Twin reissue removing 2 power tubes
Does it cause any damage or harm the amp in anyway? I'd say no, or rather "it shouldn't." But, I don't know what the filter capacitor voltage rating is in the reissue Twin, and removing two 6L6s will definitely increase the power rail voltage by a mile. ...
2 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Mon, 15 January 2007 15:36 «» By: PakProtector
Octal
hey Poinz, The new production is octal. Reportedly it is made by the same folks who did the later production for the European market. What I like is the KT90-big 50Watt plate dissipation. If I weren't getting such good results from Thoriated Tungsten, I w...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 11 January 2007 04:44 «» By: FredT
Side Firing Sub
Good idea! If I were doing this I probably would use a different design from the One Pi, with an Eminence Beta 8 in a sealed chamber instead of the Alpha 8 in a ported one. The Beta 8 has greater power handling capacity and it will perform well in a seale...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 10 January 2007 09:53 «» By: LAL
Re: Pi Studio One Tower
Fred,Perhaps the next step is to add a side firing subwoofer and a plate amp on the back to power the subwoofer.Larry
5 Forum: Pro Sound «» Posted on: Wed, 25 October 2006 15:57 «» By: Thermionic
Re: Tube question...
Hi Jason,A single hotplating power tube is more than likely due to a bad coupling capacitor, not a bias problem. The coupling capacitor is leaking some DC to the control grid of the power tube, and reducing the bias of that individual tube. Even if the ot...
6 Forum: General «» Posted on: Sun, 22 October 2006 00:46 «» By: John Chleapas
Re: Non Working gear
Did you obtain the manual for the amplifier? For example the Dynaco ST-70 and Mk 111 have ways to measure voltage with the tubes out. Get a working basic tube tester. Anyone who wants to get serious should at the least have a good basic tube tester. The f...
7 Forum: Group Build «» Posted on: Sat, 21 October 2006 20:42 «» By: Bill Epstein
Re: Yo, Shane
On Line Metals is where I got the amp plate. 1/8" 6065 aluminum. Prices are good but the shipping always seems kinda high. Also, don't expect shiny smooth. Both this aluminum and a brass plate I used for the Cornet had scratches, some deep. I also found o...
8 Forum: Craftsmen «» Posted on: Tue, 03 October 2006 14:15 «» By: Bill Epstein
Re: Found it, thanks nt
had a few mistakes like too-deep counter sinks and an unwanted hole to fill.Dropped off the 12x17 top plate and 3x17 rear panel at the powder coater today. $20 bucks. Why paint?It's for the '45' amp I posted about a few weeks ago.
9 Forum: General «» Posted on: Thu, 28 September 2006 23:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Tube amp and Speaker Proximity
Stray magnetic fields near solid state amps won't do much, but near tube amps, they might. Tube amps usually have transformers, which are electro-magnetic devices. The tubes rely on electrostatic attraction of an electron cloud or beam, which can be def...
10 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Thu, 14 September 2006 07:22 «» By: colinhester
Re: SED/Wing-C
You're right about tube prices, and obviously not just the ones we've mentioned. This hobby could get real 'pensive over the next few years. Vintage tubes - just forget about them. Everytime I go to an auction/flea market/yard sale, I look for old radi...
Pages (37): [ «    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    »]

Current Time: Thu May 16 04:13:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio