Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
366 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:15 «» By: Spinjack
Re: Xover Summing Question
True, a plate amp would do the trick, but only for the intitial prototype. I'm trying to keep the component costs as low as possible. Also, for the second iteration I will need to use servo drive of some sort for near-DC and impulse signals.The plate amps...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 22 May 2007 13:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Xover Summing Question
With a plate amp, he'd be set. That's how I would do it. Plate amps are not very expensive, and would solve the problem nicely.
3 Forum: General «» Posted on: Mon, 07 May 2007 07:18 «» By: SteveBrown
Quick list of changes
As we talked about, a number of changes were made to this. Here are the ones I can recall off the top of my head...1. We made it a stereo amp, so the power transformer has better current rating to accomodate that (I'd suggest 100ma or so min, 150 better)....
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 29 April 2007 13:16 «» By: tmoore
Re: sub amp
I just recieved the non-remote 250 watt plate amp from parts express and it has a three position power switch with on-off and auto positions.
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 27 April 2007 07:51 «» By: colinhester
I'm currently building two 3 Pi subs, and I think I'm going with the 250 watt plate amp w/ remote control from parts express. However, I do not know if this particular amp has the on/auto-on feature. Personally I hate the auto-on setting. I'm giving up...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 25 April 2007 05:30 «» By: jphaggar
Re: Yeah....AWESOME
Drivers model No and where to buy ? Dimentions of PVc pipes Sub driver and plate amp if any ? where to buy xover ?I'll start by getting all the components first , it will take a while cause I am in Egypt .I'll be giving you news and ask my questions when ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 23 April 2007 22:57 «» By: Wayne Parham
I'd run it with an amp rated 100 to 400 watts RMS into a 4Ω load. There are plenty inexpensive amps that will work. The 100, 240 or 500 watt plate amps sold by Parts Express will do just fine. If you add a cooling plug and some sort of a heat sink, you...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 23 April 2007 20:55 «» By: tmoore
sub amp
Would an inexpensive plate amp such at the Dayton unit from parts express be sufficent to drive the 3 pi subwoofer? Are there other inexpensive options?
9 Forum: Craftsmen «» Posted on: Mon, 26 March 2007 01:08 «» By: blake
amp enclosure
I'm building an enclosure for an amp I just built and I have a question about recessing the top plate.I used a rabbet bit to cut out a shelf for the top plate to sit on. The problem is that at the corners I have to pull the bit off the wood and it leaves ...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 20 March 2007 12:26 «» By: colinhester
Pi 3-way crossover
Wayne, Is there a stock three-way XO that will work for the Pi 1 kit/Pi 3 sub? I'll run the subs (one per side) off a plate amp, but was thinking that eliminating the bottom end on the Alpha 8s would help the midrange? Or, am I better off just letting ...
Pages (37): [ «    5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20    »]

Current Time: Thu May 16 15:13:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio