Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
366 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 16 August 2008 07:30 «» By: PaulW
OK where to start
"Extended Bass Shelf" aligned sub then. Had a look around the web, think I understand(ish) the principle. Design a box to go with the intended driver, for a flat response, then upsize by 60-80% and tune the port - sounds simple. So spent awhile putting...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 15 August 2008 05:35 «» By: PaulW
Re: Treatment for a cancellation notch - Multiple subs
Yes, we have discussed this before and I will admit to have a bit of reticence in adding more speakers to my rather small room for reasons of visual impact, more wires, which is why I'm still pursuing the passive route at the moment.....But I do have that...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 24 July 2008 18:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: You've got mail!
I would suggest using 10mH. If you can get a plate amp, that would even be better.
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 24 July 2008 16:24 «» By: PaulW
Re: You've got mail!
Thanks I'll look forward to getting the plans. As for "a large coil" would you have a spec in mind, working in the area of Health Care and not electronics, the ones I have access to won't be any good!I have made my Bottlehead Paramours with switchable ou...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 12 June 2008 20:22 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: More woofers - helps to smooth room modes
Yes, if your amp can handle a 3Ω load, you can use a series coil and wire across your existing speakers. But it would be better to use a plate amp mounted on the subwoofer box. They don't cost much and will allow you to set the volume level of the subs ...
6 Forum: General «» Posted on: Mon, 21 April 2008 15:30 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: New Headphone Amp coming
That looks really cool, Shane. Any chance you could bring a preliminary version out to LSAF? Or is it too early in the game for that?You had an SOHA amp at one of the earlier meets, didn't you? The new Stacker amp is an improved SOHA, right? I scanned...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 27 January 2008 15:22 «» By: Dave
Re: basement?
Is it a single story ranch with unfinished, yet finishable basement?Also needs to be out in the country, I want it quiet outside in the evenings. I'd like a small outdoor amphitheater.I love music outside, I've got a pair of NSB arrays with 9 tweeters mo...
8 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Sun, 16 December 2007 07:12 «» By: SteveBrown
Re: Ping Steve Brown -- re: Seth(s)
Skip, sorry I didn't see your note sooner! Yes, I've built a "SETH" style amp, got one sitting on my floor right now (though fitted with 6L6's not 2A3s). If you're going to use 2A3's, you only need to swing +/- 70v or so at the driver, so no need to give ...
9 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Sun, 09 December 2007 03:57 «» By: Bill Epstein
Re: Tube amp kits
The new AN Kit 1 mono blocks heard at LSAF had more bass weight than I remembered from the stereo Kit 1. Upgraded power supply. About $2500 IIRC.If you can work from a schematic, or have your very own Steve Brown, the Simple 45 has great bass definition a...
10 Forum: Pro Sound «» Posted on: Tue, 25 September 2007 02:23 «» By: Greene
Re: Peavey Artist VT Series
Thanks Wayne. I have a couple of TAD short bottle tubes with a rating of 60 on the plate? If I match them with 2 more TAD short bottles something close to the same rating would that go ok? I suppose the question is: is those short bottle 6L6GC tubes...
Pages (37): [ «    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    »]

Current Time: Thu May 16 05:56:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio