Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
250 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 29 December 2010 16:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity Loudspeakers Whitepaper
I've written a whitepaper on waveguides and constant directivity loudspeakers available at the link below. Seems like I've often gotten the same questions and comments over the years, and I've tended to reply with a list of links to documents and messag...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 December 2010 10:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Constant directivity verses on-axis EQ for non-uniform directivity (aka baffle step filters)
Glad it was helpful. I hope it made sense and wasn't too abstract. I find myself getting a lot of the same questions and comments over the years, and I tend to link to past posts in reply. I had a list of about a dozen posts that sort of covered the...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 15 December 2010 19:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Soffit (Flush Mount) Reference Speakers
I would suggest simply building the speakers as designed and mounting them in the wall. If you can close the gap so the wall is the baffle, that's great but as long as the gap is small it is acoustically invisible. Radiating into half-space does incr...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 11 December 2010 14:06 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Best choice for my set up
I use a phantom center channel. Toe-in so the right and left axes cross just in front of the listeners. Imaging, placement and orientationAbout corner placement - I'm not against putting subs in corners but I'm definitely against putting a single sub...
5 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 23 November 2010 10:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Acoustics and Aesthetics
Use two to four subs in different places in the room for best sound quality. In some rooms, two is enough, especially if the mains provide adequate bass too. The idea is to spread the sound sources around, to smooth room modes. You want multiple sound...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 November 2010 09:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Advice needed for first timers
You've listed some of your requirements but not your budget. Not sure if that's an issue or not, but there's quite a range of prices. Entry-level kits starts at under $100 USD. A price-no-object kit with all the upgrades is obviously quite a bit more ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 28 August 2010 17:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Cabbing some Eminence Beta 15s
Well, indoors, a 2dB hump in a cabinet is probabably not going to matter much, especially if there is plenty of output below it and with a slow rolloff slope. The larger low-end Eminence woofers all tend to do that in boxes smaller than a house. ...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 20 August 2010 09:01 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofer placement
Absolutely. The main thing is to use more than one bass sound source, and to distribute them around the room. Multisubs
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 09 August 2010 11:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi's in a corner?
Just put the three π loudspeakers in the corners and angle them in 45°. They'll work beautifully. The box tuning is already slightly overdamped, just like the six π cornerhorn, so you don't need to change vent tuning. I'd suggest multisubs also, wheth...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 18 July 2010 03:19 «» By: Infrasonic
Re: Pi 4.5 possible?
Hi, Wayne. I was originally going to build the Pi4 as is as my next DIY project. These would replace my current left, center and right speakers. I also run a twin vented 18" subwoofer system with two more 18" drivers in storage. I plan to ...
Pages (25): [ «    10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25    »]

Current Time: Thu May 16 06:59:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio