Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
250 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 21 July 2012 11:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi7 Mid Horn Question's
I'd bet a month's pay that your anomaly at 80Hz is from standing waves in the room, or more likely from a reflection from the wall behind the speakers. They are similar issues, both self-interference from room boundaries. Those kinds of issues are rea...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 21 June 2012 11:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4PI Cabinet plans / question
I do not think it is valid to consider sealed mains to be easier to integrate with multisubs. In fact, I'd say this presumption goes against the whole multisub concept, which is to blend sound sources having various phase relationships and physical loca...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 02 June 2012 10:30 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi Design Questions
The measurement above 200Hz is pretty much the same as a standard four π loudspeaker when measured in this manner. And yes, frankly, that's a very good chart. But below 200Hz, it's ambiguous because only room modes can be seen. That's where you would ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 27 April 2012 10:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Baffle wall
A couple of posts about the subject of soffit mounting: 4Pi soffit mounting 3Pi wall baffleThere are a few linked pages in each of those threads. Be sure and read the content contained in each of the links because they describe the underlying issue - wh...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 18 April 2012 10:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi 7 Information
I've sent plans for the seven π cornerhorn. Curtains are particularly helpful for constant directivity cornerhorns. They tend to help most at HF, partly because lower frequencies are within 1/4λ of the wall and don't reflect, and partly because at hi...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 15 March 2012 13:59 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Request for plans
If you have the right corners, then constant directivity cornerhorns are definitely the way to go. But if you don't, then matched-directivity two-way speakers may be used with flanking subs to good effect. To learn more about each of these things, see ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 01 March 2012 14:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: High-pass on the 4pi?
I prefer second-order for flanking subs, low-passed between 80Hz and 120Hz. This assumes the subs will be within a few feet from the mains, as described in the Speaker placement and wavefront launch and room modes, multisubs and flanking subs threads. ...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 24 February 2012 18:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Surround Sound With TV Over Fireplace
Don't put the mains on top of flanking subs because that defeats the purpose. They need to be a few feet behind, below and beside the mains. Each flanking subs needs to be between the main speaker it's flanking and the nearest boundaries, in all three ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 24 February 2012 13:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Surround Sound With TV Over Fireplace
A few thoughts, starting with some basic concepts: High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity Loudspeakers Room modes, multisubs and flanking subsAbout wives and sound, I actually think most wives care about sound as much or more than their husbands. It's just...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 29 January 2012 00:16 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Another Sub woofer Q&A
Honestly, as long as the subwoofers you use are of good quality, it doesn't matter as much what brands and models you use. What matters more is their positions and low-pass slopes. The main thing is you shouldn't expect any single subwoofer to integrat...
Pages (25): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:52:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio