Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
250 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 09 December 2012 10:04 «» By: zheka
Re: 4PI Cabinet plans / question
Is there any reason why the same logic cannot be extended to tapped horn subs? In other words, can THs be mixed with sealed and bass-reflex subs in multisub setups?
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 29 November 2012 14:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Flanking Subs vs Helper Woofers
You're right that home theater sound processors don't have any provisions that make flanking subs or distributed multisubs any easier. Honestly, the underlying philosophies and technologies most home theater processors are based on was developed before ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 08 November 2012 15:45 «» By: Wayne Parham
π Constant Directivity Cornerhorn: Bass Bin Design Details
I did consider making the bass bin of my constant directivity cornerhorns using a folded horn, like the 12π hornsub. But upon careful considerations, I found a lot of disadvantages in that approach. These considerations are described in some detail in ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 05 October 2012 23:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Pi Speakers FAQ
The π Speakers forum has a wealth of information, and the search feature provides a way to access all of it easily. However, this page offers introductory answers to frequently asked questions about our line of loudspeakers and the design philosophies we...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 24 September 2012 14:06 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Six Pi Review
As an aside, measurements made in a trihedral corner outdoors naturally do not show room modes, the response down low is ruler-flat. But indoors, room modes take over and make hot spots and dead spots, causing ripples in response. I'm sure in your case...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 20 September 2012 02:51 «» By: audiothings
Re: 3Pi speakers - various questions
Thank you Wayne. I have incorporated the above suggestions into my current design idea. As I mentioned, I have read your work, and that of Dr. Geddes. In this case, there are a couple of reasons why I am disinclined to take this route. First...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 20 September 2012 00:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3Pi speakers - various questions
That looks like an excellent layout. But I have a few suggestions. First, keep the subs in separate boxes from the mains, so you can use them as distributed multisubs. This will help smooth room modes. Second, don't run the mains sealed, but rath...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 09 August 2012 09:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 7 PI Plans
Bass response of the seven π cornerhorns is the same as the four π speakers. What's different is the behaviour of sound at frequencies above midbass. The corner loading of the woofer and the midhorn prevent any self-interference from nearby boundaries,...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 07 August 2012 10:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 Pi and 4 Pi comparison
Well, the three π loudspeaker does offer greater extension. I think if I weren't planning to use a sub, I'd go with that. It sounds good without a sub, but please be mindful that flanking subs smooth room modes. That's even more important than the ext...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 04 August 2012 09:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: How does one emulate the typical theater sound?
You're absolutely right. With a projector and screen, you can put the center speaker behind the screen. That's definitely the best approach. When running a plasma or LCD screen though, I'd have to say I don't think there is a good center channel optio...
Pages (25): [ «    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    »]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:01:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio